Moto X: Valentine’s Day Sale starts 1/27 through 2/14

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does Motorola Release the Promo Codes at 3pm Today?

I just went to the Moto maker site and I noticed the "Get $70 off a Moto X with no contract!.

Do you have to go back exactly at 3pm? Does Moto need to send you a Promo code to receive the $100 off no-contract?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

yes,you can signup 3-4 pm and to get the additional $30 discount you have go here and signup.(Not Live yet) https://mdsupport.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/sweetdeal

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X: Valentine?s Day Sale starts 2014-01-27

Just an FYI - Moto Maker devices are non refundable, only exchanges and credits
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18661695/Moto Returns.png

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is not 100% sure the X is for them (like me, LOL)

For this reason I will be ordering the developer edition as it can be refunded if returned within the 14 day period ...

Note 3 .... that is all!!

I am returning a moto maker today for credit, its being credited back to my credit card when they receive it. I think you are just reading that wrong.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Nope $379 is the deal price.. only regular 16gb Moto X sells for $299

Wait, I am so confused LOL According to this page: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98260/action/auth the FAQ states: "Can I use my promo code on a 32GB Moto Maker Moto X device or a Moto X Developer Edition?

Certainly! Apply your one-time promo code at the end of checkout.
"

So, if they are now listing the dev edition at $379, one would think the promo should drop it to $279 ... Guess I'll find out at 3PM LOL Either way, I'm all over it! :p

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I am returning a moto maker today for credit, its being credited back to my credit card when they receive it. I think you are just reading that wrong.

Yes, you are correct ... I misunderstood the verb-age in their return policy!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Wait, I am so confused LOL According to this page: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98260/action/auth the FAQ states: "Can I use my promo code on a 32GB Moto Maker Moto X device or a Moto X Developer Edition?

"

So, if they are now listing the dev edition at $379, one would think the promo should drop it to $279 ... Guess I'll find out at 3PM LOL Either way, I'm all over it! :p

I still see the dev editions listed as $449.99. Motorola - A Google Company

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Credit means credit back to your credit card. My mom was credited back the full amount to her credit card when she returned her Moto Maker Moto X within 14 days.

Yeah, I realized that after the fact.... lol I always tend to see the negative side of things 😊

Note 3 .... that is all!!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

"

Motorola - A Google Company
if you go here it says 16gb $299 / 32 Gb Dev or normal $349 so i think its including the discount..
Its not listed in motomaker they are just saying there is a deal at this price.

if you go to motomaker design it is still listed full price and you have to apply the discount code later to get that discounted price

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

If you read the FAQs you will see that the limited quantity code is only for $30 off. Starting at 3pm EST, all Moto X's go on sale for $70 off. So the Moto X Dev Ed will be $379 when the sale starts. Then if you get a code, you will get an additional $30 off, not an additional $100 off.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98260/action/auth

Motorola said:
Why does my code say it’s only for $30 off?

The promo code gets you $100 off the regular price of a Moto X without a contract. During our one-hour sale, we’re also running a $70 off promotion. So, you really just need an extra $30 off.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

No, see my post above. The code is only for $30 off the sale price of $380 and since the sale price is $70 off the regular price of $450, it works out to $100 off the regular price of $450 = $350.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Here is what I was told about my Jan 12th order and this sale;

Chat
Jonna (Listening)
Jonna: Hi, my name is Jonna. How may I help you?
George: Hello I have a question on the Moto X sale starting today
George: I bought one XXXXXXXX
Jonna: Thank you for interest about promotion today.
Jonna: No problem I can definitely help you.
Jonna: Yes. How can I help you with your purchase today?
George: Is the price honored ? it was ordered I believe on the 12th but didn't arrive until the 15th shipped on the 14th either way its with in a 14 day window
Jonna: No problem I can go ahead and take a look on this one. Let me go ahead and do a quick review.
Jonna: One moment please.
George: Thank You
Jonna: My pleasure.
Jonna: Alright, so I was checking it here yes the order was made last 1/12 however this doesn't honor the promotion that we do have right now.
Jonna: I do understand that you would like to avail the discounted offer that we do have right now but as of the moment this is not covered with the offer we have today,
George: So in other words I can still return my current Moto X and re buy one ?
Jonna: Yes definitely you can provided that the phone doesn't have any damage. You can return the phone until Jan 31st with full credit refund.
George: I thought I only had 14 days for the return
Jonna: You until Jan 31st.
Jonna: No problem.
Jonna: Is there anything else?
George: No Thnks for your time
You have disconnected.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

George: I thought I only had 14 days for the return
Jonna: You until Jan 31st.
If you see the info posted earlier in this thread, it looks like Moto X ran a Holiday Return period that allowed extended returns until January 31st for those phones purchased during the holidays.

I would double check to make sure that your purchase date qualified for the extended holiday returns.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

If you see the info posted earlier in this thread, it looks like Moto X ran a Holiday Return period that allowed extended returns until January 31st for those phones purchased during the holidays.

I would double check to make sure that your purchase date qualified for the extended holiday returns.

I clearly didn't buy mine during the holidays it was Jan 12th

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I clearly didn't buy mine during the holidays it was Jan 12th
Then you don't qualify for the extended returns and the online chat person was wrong. Now if you took a screen shot of the wrong info that she gave to you, I am sure they would honor it. However, I personally would not risk it because it would probably require a lot of phone calls and hassles before you got it all straightened out.

The January 31st return date was for the holiday sales. Everyone else gets 14 days to return (or 30 if they are in California).

Again, since you were given the wrong info by a Motorola employee and can prove it with a screen shot, I am sure they would honor it but it would likely take some work on your part. Not worth my time if I knew I was going to return it anyhow.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Then you don't qualify for the extended returns and the online chat person was wrong. Now if you took a screen shot of the wrong info that she gave to you, I am sure they would honor it. However, I personally would not risk it because it would probably require a lot of phone calls and hassles before you got it all straightened out.

The January 31st return date was for the holiday sales. Everyone else gets 14 days to return (or 30 if they are in California).

Again, since you were given the wrong info by a Motorola employee and can prove it with a screen shot, I am sure they would honor it but it would likely take some work on your part. Not worth my time if I knew I was going to return it anyhow.

I do have the screen shots and printed out the text.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I do have the screen shots and printed out the text.
Then I can't imagine they wouldn't honor it, but I can't imagine myself going through the hassle. You have 14 days from the date it was shipped. So if you ordered on the 12th and it shipped on the 13th, you have until today to return it unless you are in california. I would go ahead and get the RMA and return it if you know you are going to buy a sale device.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Interesting.....Looks like the one I bought at the $350 price last month is eligible for return because of the Holiday return policy. Looks like I am going to return it and rebuy a wood back one during this promotion! Excited, and hope it works out. Getting close to that Jan 31st date.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I think its dumb they want us all shipping back our new phones instead of giving us a discount. But if I get a code during the promo that's exactly what I'll do :)

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Interesting.....Looks like the one I bought at the $350 price last month is eligible for return because of the Holiday return policy. Looks like I am going to return it and rebuy a wood back one during this promotion! Excited, and hope it works out. Getting close to that Jan 31st date.
I think you are right, but double check with Motorola to make sure. I don't remember seeing anything about extended holiday returns before this thread but now it is on the Motorola site.

However, on the Motorola site it merely says if you bought during the holiday promotion you have until 1/31/14 to return but it doesn't say what dates that includes or if it was just if you bought during the Cyber Monday sale and then the 2 makeup sales dates after that. There was a Today Show sale after Christmas, too which I doubt is included in the holiday promotion.