camera software

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Any chance that motorola isnt done yet with updating this camera? The low light performance is just horrible.

Is that even fixable with software enhancements?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
What would be nice is if they would allow you to change the default camera app for twist to start. I know the hardware is good because Camera Zoom FX takes great pictures with it. I personally don't have much confidence that they are going to ever get their own software right.

Posted via Android Central App

4mynikka

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about this phone except the camera. I sold my G2 to get it because I prefer the size, build and I've always liked Motorola, camera is an waste. I just came back from Vegas and the quality is garbage. Compared my pictures with a guy that had an iPhone 5s, not even close.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just anecdote on low light indoor shooting. I was trying to get pics of our Christmas tree in low light. The pics were poor contrast/detail or some were even hazy. Then when my kids stood in front of the tree, I got much better shots using the exact same settings. The camera software seems to perform better in that situation when there's a foreground subject for it to focus on. Though I'm sure there's better hardware to be had, but I'm convinced the Moto X could be plenty satisfying for a smartphone camera with the right software improvements.

Sent from my Moto X

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
What would be nice is if they would allow you to change the default camera app for twist to start. I know the hardware is good because Camera Zoom FX takes great pictures with it. I personally don't have much confidence that they are going to ever get their own software right.

i have tried several different apps for the camera and all does the same thing no differents in quality i dont know where you get that camera zoom fx takes better pictures same crappy low light shots white balance all over the place....

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Any chance that motorola isnt done yet with updating this camera? The low light performance is just horrible.

Is that even fixable with software enhancements?

It's funny how different people's experiences are. I for one think the low light is pretty good. I have taken shots in a fairly dark room and it didn't even need the flash. Outside it has captured the subtle night pollution in the sky that my eyes hadn't even noticed.

That's not to say the camera is perfect. Far from it. I often get a haze that shouldn't be there and some daytime shots aren't as sharp as they could be. But after hearing all the complaints I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I had been led to believe.

Still I think Motorola has nailed most things. Now they need to work on a better camera for the future.