New Moto X user

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the moto x and I'm coming from galaxy. I'm a lil nervous about it as I'm coming from removable batteries and expandable memory. I have a couple questions, is battery decent I have had a s3 and made it through the day no problems so I'm not to worried but still somewhat worried. My big thing is memory, I only got the 16gb as it was free. I know I can save my pics on drop box or drive but can I save my apps somewhere like that? Is there anything else I should be excited or keep an eye out for or try when I get the phone on Monday?

Last edited by a moderator:

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you can not save apps to dropbox/google drive etc. However I think you will be happy with the battery, however with that being said, there are always steps to take to help prolong it. Turning off LTE if your on a GSM Network, lower brightness, turn off NFC/Bluetooth if your don't using it. Also your network will help determine your battery life too, if you're in an area that is not well covered, ie Sprint coverage if you are going in and out of signal it will kill your battery really quick. Hope this helps alittle and enjoy the MOTO x!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
is battery decent I have had a s3 and made it through the day no problems so I'm not to worried but still somewhat worried.

If you can get through a full day with the S3, then you shouldn't have a problem with the Moto X's battery.

Why do you need to save apps to Dropbox or Google Drive?

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was jw if u could. I couldn't get Google drive to automatically save my pics I always have to manually sync them drop box automatically will.

Posted via Android Central App

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I was jw if u could. I couldn't get Google drive to automatically save my pics I always have to manually sync them drop box automatically will.

Posted via Android Central App

To automatically backup your pictures and videos, open up Google+, go to the Settings, and turn on the Auto Backup. There are settings there you can pick, for example whether to backup at full size or standard size, only over WiFi, etc.

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
To automatically backup your pictures and videos, open up Google+, go to the Settings, and turn on the Auto Backup. There are settings there you can pick, for example whether to backup at full size or standard size, only over WiFi, etc.

i did that but it still didnt that i can tell. i do get a notification sometimes saying its auto backed up. but it doesnt show up in drive?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
i did that but it still didnt that i can tell. i do get a notification sometimes saying its auto backed up. but it doesnt show up in drive?

They won't show in your Google Drive, go to the Photos app (not Gallery) and you should find them there. They are backed up to your Google+ account, you can go to your Google+ account or app and see them there too. If your using the standard file size back up, they won't count against your Google Drive storage amount. Here's a helpful article about it from Android Central, From the Android Forums: Photo storage in the cloud with Google Photos | Android Central

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
They won't show in your Google Drive, go to the Photos app (not Gallery) and you should find them there. They are backed up to your Google+ account, you can go to your Google+ account or app and see them there too. If your using the standard file size back up, they won't count against your Google Drive storage amount. Here's a helpful article about it from Android Central, From the Android Forums: Photo storage in the cloud with Google Photos | Android Central

So if I upload to google+ it then syncs with drive? Can people not see my pics? What if I have some I dont want people seeing?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
so if its saving to google + then what is google drive?

Online cloud storage through Google is done with Google drive. Photo backups done automatically through Google go to Google+ and are visible through Google+ or the Photos app but are essentially part of Google drive. However, you interact with the files through the Photos app or Google+ not Google drive. As long as you choose the standard file size of 2048 pixels or less and 15 minutes or less in any single video file they don't count against your allotted amount of Google drive space. Google drive on the other hand can be used to upload and store files of many different types. Any files that you upload to Google drive count against your allotted storage space. In either case, files stored in Google drive and images/videos stored in Google+ are accessible to you from any internet access point to view, transfer or download. It's all google cloud storage just different ways to interact with.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X's battery life should last you for more than a day, if you don't game a lot or use the phone 24/7.

You can't save apps to Dropbox or Google Drive. You can, however, back some of the app data on your PC using Helium Backup or with an Android Device PC Manager.

Things to get excited for? Definitely Touchless Control. Try it and you'll see yourself using it every day. ;)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is what I do for pictures: save them to DropBox automatically when on Wi-Fi. I only have about 9gb of storage on there compared to 75gb on Drive. When my DropBox gets full or close to it, I move them over in groups to Drive. I also upload them all to G+ automatically. This way I'm doubly covered. I also periodically store them in folders on my computer to maintain a hard copy to go along with the cloud services. This is partially because I switch phones so frequently that I'm removing things and wiping phones so I want to make sure I have a hard copy.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
and can u get rid of the google search bar at the top?

You have to use a third party launcher. A few people on these boards use Nova Launcher, and that is one of their primary reasons. Nova can give you the Kit Kat style without the search bar along with other customization possibilities.

Sent from my Moto X

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
You have to use a third party launcher. A few people on these boards use Nova Launcher, and that is one of their primary reasons. Nova can give you the Kit Kat style without the search bar along with other customization possibilities.

Sent from my Moto X

thanks. ill stick with stock and play around before i decide and waste the space on nova. any suggestions on a case? i just ordered a mime ghost screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03