01-31-2014 12:39 AM
38 12
tools
    Again why I am selling my Note 3 to buy a Moto X.

The Note 3 has choppiness here and there, not often, and sometimes lags while switching between pretty heavy resource games, but the big thing driving the change is day to day use. The features on the Note 3 are features that are more like wow look at me, not I'm actually going to use this all the time every day to make things easier for me the user.

I also don't think that saying the phone has lower specs is an appropriate statement. The specs may be slightly lower in the specs race as far as raw numbers are concerned but the hardware is being optimized to squeeze everything possible out of what already has been made instead of slapping in the latest and greatest untested and non-optimized hardware provides the end user with a smoother more enjoyable experience.
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-29-2014 12:03 PM
    man this phone makes me wanna get a moto x. I do want a bigger screen tho.
    If moto makes a bigger x, it's def be on top of my shopping list for next phone

Right now I am holding out for htc one 2
    01-29-2014 01:49 PM
    man this phone makes me wanna get a moto x. I do want a bigger screen tho.
    If moto makes a bigger x, it's def be on top of my shopping list for next phone

Right now I am holding out for htc one 2
    I would like a bigger screen, too, but many people like the ergonomics of the Moto X as is since so many android phones are much bigger. Not everyone wants such big phones. I would like a 5" screen.
    01-29-2014 01:55 PM
    I would like a bigger screen, too, but many people like the ergonomics of the Moto X as is since so many android phones are much bigger. Not everyone wants such big phones. I would like a 5" screen.
    I think that should be the direction OEMs go in. Optimize the CPU tech already available a la Moto X and take existing screens and get them into a smaller footprint a la Moto X. This phone isn't much bigger than an iPhone 5/5S but the screen is 3/4 of an inch larger!
    01-29-2014 02:22 PM
    I third that sentiment. I really like using my phone as a media device and my S3 is looking small. I'd absolutely love to pick up a 5.5 - 6" Moto X.
    01-29-2014 02:37 PM
    Thought the MAXX fits that bill, although it is only on Verizon.
    01-29-2014 03:51 PM
    Something everyone ignores or is ignorant to is the fact that the processor on the X has the exact same cores as the s600 processor in the s4 and one. The only difference is that it has 2 cores instead of 4. The only cpu advantage that the s600 has is in heavily multithreaded applications. Those are not very common on mobile yet. The per core performance is the same.

On top of that, the x8 has the exact same gpu as the s600 BUT is running at a 720p resolution instead of the full 1080p res it was designed for. So current generation gpu+last Gen resolution means huge performance advantage.

Add the contextual processors to off load tasks, and you have a package that can keep up with anything released this year. Anyone screaming "low spec" is ignorant to the actual specs. The only things that are not as high as they could be on this phone is the camera and resolution.
    dmark44, ballisticn8 and Ry like this.
    01-29-2014 04:06 PM
    Thought the MAXX fits that bill, although it is only on Verizon.
    The Maxx is much heavier and larger due to the battery. So you don't just get a larger screen, you get a significantly larger and heavier phone.

Don't get me wrong, the larger battery is great for some people, but I don't need it.
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-29-2014 08:29 PM
    I compared the X to the Maxx last night and the Maxx seamed to lag wear as the X was very smooth so I picked up the X!

Posted via Android Central App
    01-30-2014 06:45 AM
    I compared the X to the Maxx last night and the Maxx seamed to lag wear as the X was very smooth so I picked up the X!
    It shouldn't because the Droid Maxx is the exact same phone as the Moto X, just with a bigger battery and bigger screen, which necessitates the bigger case and causes the increased weight.
    01-30-2014 11:38 AM

Posted via Android Central App
    Under the hood, they're pretty much the same phone. lol.
    01-30-2014 12:17 PM
    Something everyone ignores or is ignorant to is the fact that the processor on the X has the exact same cores as the s600 processor in the s4 and one. The only difference is that it has 2 cores instead of 4. The only cpu advantage that the s600 has is in heavily multithreaded applications. Those are not very common on mobile yet. The per core performance is the same.

On top of that, the x8 has the exact same gpu as the s600 BUT is running at a 720p resolution instead of the full 1080p res it was designed for. So current generation gpu+last Gen resolution means huge performance advantage.

Add the contextual processors to off load tasks, and you have a package that can keep up with anything released this year. Anyone screaming "low spec" is ignorant to the actual specs. The only things that are not as high as they could be on this phone is the camera and resolution.
    But. Specs!
    01-30-2014 12:22 PM
    5" is about right
    01-31-2014 12:39 AM
38 12