02-04-2014 06:06 PM
68 123
tools
    The phone has to be there within a month of when the RMA is issued.
    01-30-2014 02:23 PM
    Return for cash? Or return for credit only?

Posted via Android Central App
    Refund to my credit card.
    01-30-2014 02:25 PM
    Just need the RMA issued. Thank you everyone for the assistance, and for posting the extended return period. I never would have known.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-30-2014 02:28 PM
    Just need the RMA issued. Thank you everyone for the assistance, and for posting the extended return period. I never would have known.
    yeah it wasn't noticeable on the web site.
    01-30-2014 02:32 PM
    yeah it wasn't noticeable on the web site.
    Nice signature!
    01-30-2014 02:34 PM
    How is everyone having this luck? They wouldn't even give me a code for accessories. they said that I can only RETURN the device, then get credit, then rebuy. But I can't exchange it for any device.
    01-30-2014 04:44 PM
    How is everyone having this luck? They wouldn't even give me a code for accessories. they said that I can only RETURN the device, then get credit, then rebuy. But I can't exchange it for any device.
    They didn't let me exchange. They let me return for a refund on my credit card and rebuy in the meantime, which I did.
    01-30-2014 04:48 PM
    They didn't let me exchange. They let me return for a refund on my credit card and rebuy in the meantime, which I did.
    But didn't you have to be without a phone for a little bit? That is my only concern

Unfortunately Im using Moto Credit and don't have enough available credit to just rebuy a second one
    01-30-2014 04:49 PM
    But didn't you have to be without a phone for a little bit? That is my only concern
    No, I ordered the new phone and will return the old one once I get it. They're independent transaction. You just have to initiate the refund by the end of the month and then you have a month to send it back to them.
    01-30-2014 04:50 PM
    you can exchange for a redesign on moto maker, but that won't give you a credit.

I just asked for the code and they sent it. I told them it would be a waste for me to return and rebuy. They agreed and sent the $70 accessory code.

- - - Updated - - -

then you have a month to send it back to them.
    really are you sure about that?
    01-30-2014 04:55 PM
    you can exchange for a redesign on moto maker, but that won't give you a credit.

I just asked for the code and they sent it. I told them it would be a waste for me to return and rebuy. They agreed and sent the $70 accessory code.
    Right, that's the other option. I don't really want any accessories, and I exchanged mine for a wood one.

I believe you have a month to send it in. They sent me a fedex return label that expires in a month.
    01-30-2014 04:56 PM

- - - Updated - - -
    I even asked them for just an accessory credit, and they still said no. I argued with the guy about it on the chat and he just kept saying they had to have me return it. I would be OK with accessories. Then he proceeded to tell me they are outsourced. I still have the convo saved
    01-30-2014 05:03 PM
    I believe you have a month to send it in. They sent me a fedex return label that expires in a month.
    I am not sure the Fed Ex expiration date is what controls. I know you must get an RMA issued by 1/31/14, but I would double check to make sure you get extra time to send it back for a refund.
    01-30-2014 05:05 PM
    I even asked them for just an accessory credit, and they still said no. I argued with the guy about it on the chat and he just kept saying they had to have me return it. I would be OK with accessories. Then he proceeded to tell me they are outsourced. I still have the convo saved
    Ask to be transferred to Moto Maker support. Do it now before they close and send you off shore again.
    01-30-2014 05:06 PM
    Ask to be transferred to Moto Maker support. Do it now before they close and send you off shore again.
    Now that I think of it, I bought the phone the second week of January, so imout of the 14 day return policy, although one guy told me I have until the 31st
    01-30-2014 05:10 PM
    The RMA process online was painless. I filled out the form, got emails with RMA number and a prepaid FedEX Overnight label. Really surprised they are covering the return shipping, and shipping it overnight vs ground.
    01-30-2014 05:18 PM
    Now that I think of it, I bought the phone the second week of January, so imout of the 14 day return policy, although one guy told me I have until the 31st
    yeah, holiday purchases were from mid-november around Thanksgiving thru 12/31/13.
    01-30-2014 05:21 PM
    does the extended holiday returns apply to accessories?
    01-30-2014 09:42 PM

- - - Updated - - -

really are you sure about that?
    So they gave you a code for $70 towards the purchase of accessories? You got lucky in terms of who you got on the phone.

I called earlier today and spoke to a nice representative who essentially said that I could return my device and repurchase the phone at the new "sweet deal" price and would be issued a refund to my credit card that I had originally purchased the phone with back in mid-December when I took advantage of the Black Friday sale price. I was really hoping to get a gift card or credit for accessories, but he did send me a code to get $20 off an accessory. Part of me wants to go through the return process because I can then buy the 32gb Moto X for roughly the same price I purchased the 16gb, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort at this point. First world problems!
    01-31-2014 01:30 AM
    So they gave you a code for $70 towards the purchase of accessories? You got lucky in terms of who you got on the phone.

I called earlier today and spoke to a nice representative who essentially said that I could return my device and repurchase the phone at the new "sweet deal" price and would be issued a refund to my credit card that I had originally purchased the phone with back in mid-December when I took advantage of the Black Friday sale price. I was really hoping to get a gift card or credit for accessories, but he did send me a code to get $20 off an accessory. Part of me wants to go through the return process because I can then buy the 32gb Moto X for roughly the same price I purchased the 16gb, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort at this point. First world problems!
    I did it through chat. Try chat.
    ethertwist likes this.
    01-31-2014 01:47 AM
    I did it through chat. Try chat.
    Out of curiosity, did you originally purchase your device through the Black Friday sale?
    01-31-2014 01:13 PM
    Out of curiosity, did you originally purchase your device through the Black Friday sale?
    yes.
    ethertwist likes this.
    01-31-2014 01:24 PM
    yes.
    I tried chat and didn't have the best experience (the guy was short and seemed really misinformed), but I called Moto Care again and they generously offered me a $50 accessories credit towards the purchase of one item, which is a really nice offer! I hope this level of support continues with Lenovo.
    01-31-2014 02:35 PM
    Has anyone had any luck in returning a non - holiday sale phone to get a new one? I asked one in chat and they said no. I bought a custom one for my dad in early November for $500 and now he's interested in the wood backs.
    01-31-2014 07:46 PM
    Has anyone had any luck in returning a non - holiday sale phone to get a new one? I asked one in chat and they said no. I bought a custom one for my dad in early November for $500 and now he's interested in the wood backs.
    I highly doubt you will have any luck there. The extended return policy ends today and was just for phones bought from black Friday till end of December.
    01-31-2014 07:51 PM
68 123