02-04-2014 05:06 PM
68 123
tools
    Has anyone had any luck in returning a non - holiday sale phone to get a new one? I asked one in chat and they said no. I bought a custom one for my dad in early November for $500 and now he's interested in the wood backs.
    I doubt they would accept that as a return. I would sell it on swappa and then get one using the sale coupon. There should be more of those posted as we get closer to the expiration date.

You should be able to get $300 for at 16GB Moto X on swappa if it is in mint condition. After paypal fees, swappa fees and shipping, you should net $270. With the code you can get a 16GB wood back for $325 + tax. That is not too bad.
    01-31-2014 06:53 PM
    Thanks for the input; I figured that would be the case. My dad loves his phone; he was just wondering after I had showed him mine with the wood back. It's all good though.
    01-31-2014 08:31 PM
    How long did it take for you guys to get your $70 accessory code?
    01-31-2014 11:26 PM
    I have returned 2 moto x's and the credit should hit your card 4 days after they receive the phone.

Posted via my Moto X
    01-31-2014 11:48 PM
    a few minutes. Less than the 30 minutes they said it would take.
    01-31-2014 11:49 PM
    Did They send it via email because I talked to them 6 hours ago and have recieved nothing
    01-31-2014 11:51 PM
    I never got an accessory code, nor were they willing to give me one. What I finally did get was the opportunity to purchase a single accessory for $50 or less with the representative on the phone actually placing the order. I suppose I wasn't as fortunate as those who were granted the $70 code to use at will, but on a previous call, they did send me a $20 off a single accessory code that I have until the 14th to use.

I hope you get yours soon, but if you don't receive it within 24 hours, contact them!
    02-01-2014 01:59 AM
    What I finally did get was the opportunity to purchase a single accessory for $50 or less with the representative on the phone actually placing the order.
    Was it $50 off?

but on a previous call, they did send me a $20 off a single accessory code that I have until the 14th to use.
    That was probably why you didn't get a second code, because they had you in the system as already having received a code.
    02-01-2014 10:10 AM
    I hope you get yours soon, but if you don't receive it within 24 hours, contact them!
    you have a lot less leverage today than you had yesterday since today you can't return your device.
    02-01-2014 11:07 AM
    Was it $50 off?
    I was given the opportunity to select any accessory $50 or less. I chose the Sol earbuds, which they were selling for about $40. I didn't have much time to decide because I had to choose something while on the phone with the representative who then processed the order. I probably should have chosen the power pack, which was exactly $50, but I've been eyeing those earbuds since I bought the phone so I couldn't be happier.

That was probably why you didn't get a second code, because they had you in the system as already having received a code.
    Very true! The CSR I initially spoke with offered me the $20 coupon code as a consolation gesture upon turning me down for the full accessories credit. I never expected any of this, so I'm totally grateful for getting anything at all. It was this thread that inspired me to try for the credit, otherwise I would have never thought to pursue it. I didn't really know what to ask for at first, which was probably why I was originally given the $20 credit and not $70.
    02-01-2014 11:46 AM
    but I've been eyeing those earbuds since I bought the phone so I couldn't be happier.
    I have these and they are great!

I never expected any of this, so I'm totally grateful for getting anything at all. It was this thread that inspired me to try for the credit, otherwise I would have never thought to pursue it. I didn't really know what to ask for at first, which was probably why I was originally given the $20 credit and not $70.
    Get the power pack at $20 off!

Still a good deal, $90 worth of accessories for $30. Add that to the sale price and I am very, very, very happy camper!
    ethertwist likes this.
    02-01-2014 11:52 AM
    I have these and they are great!

Get the power pack at $20 off!

Still a good deal, $90 worth of accessories for $30. Add that to the sale price and I am very, very, very happy camper!
    I didn't plan it right. I should have chosen the power pack, which would have been free and then use the $20 coupon to get the earbuds half off. Oh well!

I actually wouldn't have thought twice about the power pack, as it wasn't something originally on my radar. It was only after going back and exploring the various accessories I could have chosen with the $50 did I discover it. Truth be told, I actually need another micro USB charger (which is $15 on the site) so I may end up trying to use that $20 coupon to pick one of those up, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Cozume, it was really your posts in particular that got me curious enough to try for the credit, so I thank you so much for all the information you've provided in this thread!
    02-01-2014 12:12 PM
    Well I spoke with another representative late last night and they said the code should be here by today if not call them. It hasn't come but I had a long email from Motorola Global support that made no sense. This is becoming way to frustrating I wish I would have returned it then used the $299 promo code I have
    02-01-2014 01:17 PM
    Well I still have not received the code and I just chatted with ANOTHER Motorola rep. They are going to try again shockingly to send me another one. I am at a loss as to what to do.
    02-03-2014 07:38 PM
    Well I still have not received the code and I just chatted with ANOTHER Motorola rep. They are going to try again shockingly to send me another one. I am at a loss as to what to do.
    I would give up but it just depends on how much your time is worth to keep pursuing it.

Also, did you double check the email you have on your account, is it correct? What about your spam folder? Tell them to keep you on chat until you receive the code.
    02-03-2014 08:26 PM
    Any new developments?? Have they sent you your code yet or have they taken your order over the phone??
    02-04-2014 03:55 PM
    They sent me a $50 code but I still never received the second code worth $20
    02-04-2014 04:46 PM
    They sent me a $50 code but I still never received the second code worth $20
    Just FYI - you can't stack the accessory codes so you would have to place separate orders anyhow.
    02-04-2014 05:06 PM
68 123