Extended Holiday Return Policy

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The RMA process online was painless. I filled out the form, got emails with RMA number and a prepaid FedEX Overnight label. Really surprised they are covering the return shipping, and shipping it overnight vs ground.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
you can exchange for a redesign on moto maker, but that won't give you a credit.

I just asked for the code and they sent it. I told them it would be a waste for me to return and rebuy. They agreed and sent the $70 accessory code.

- - - Updated - - -

really are you sure about that?

So they gave you a code for $70 towards the purchase of accessories? You got lucky in terms of who you got on the phone.

I called earlier today and spoke to a nice representative who essentially said that I could return my device and repurchase the phone at the new "sweet deal" price and would be issued a refund to my credit card that I had originally purchased the phone with back in mid-December when I took advantage of the Black Friday sale price. I was really hoping to get a gift card or credit for accessories, but he did send me a code to get $20 off an accessory. Part of me wants to go through the return process because I can then buy the 32gb Moto X for roughly the same price I purchased the 16gb, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort at this point. First world problems!

Last edited:

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So they gave you a code for $70 towards the purchase of accessories? You got lucky in terms of who you got on the phone.

I called earlier today and spoke to a nice representative who essentially said that I could return my device and repurchase the phone at the new "sweet deal" price and would be issued a refund to my credit card that I had originally purchased the phone with back in mid-December when I took advantage of the Black Friday sale price. I was really hoping to get a gift card or credit for accessories, but he did send me a code to get $20 off an accessory. Part of me wants to go through the return process because I can then buy the 32gb Moto X for roughly the same price I purchased the 16gb, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort at this point. First world problems!
I did it through chat. Try chat.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I tried chat and didn't have the best experience (the guy was short and seemed really misinformed), but I called Moto Care again and they generously offered me a $50 accessories credit towards the purchase of one item, which is a really nice offer! I hope this level of support continues with Lenovo.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck in returning a non - holiday sale phone to get a new one? I asked one in chat and they said no. I bought a custom one for my dad in early November for $500 and now he's interested in the wood backs.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck in returning a non - holiday sale phone to get a new one? I asked one in chat and they said no. I bought a custom one for my dad in early November for $500 and now he's interested in the wood backs.

I highly doubt you will have any luck there. The extended return policy ends today and was just for phones bought from black Friday till end of December.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I doubt they would accept that as a return. I would sell it on swappa and then get one using the sale coupon. There should be more of those posted as we get closer to the expiration date.

You should be able to get $300 for at 16GB Moto X on swappa if it is in mint condition. After paypal fees, swappa fees and shipping, you should net $270. With the code you can get a 16GB wood back for $325 + tax. That is not too bad.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input; I figured that would be the case. My dad loves his phone; he was just wondering after I had showed him mine with the wood back. It's all good though.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
How long did it take for you guys to get your $70 accessory code?

I never got an accessory code, nor were they willing to give me one. What I finally did get was the opportunity to purchase a single accessory for $50 or less with the representative on the phone actually placing the order. I suppose I wasn't as fortunate as those who were granted the $70 code to use at will, but on a previous call, they did send me a $20 off a single accessory code that I have until the 14th to use.

I hope you get yours soon, but if you don't receive it within 24 hours, contact them!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
What I finally did get was the opportunity to purchase a single accessory for $50 or less with the representative on the phone actually placing the order.
Was it $50 off?

but on a previous call, they did send me a $20 off a single accessory code that I have until the 14th to use.
That was probably why you didn't get a second code, because they had you in the system as already having received a code.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Was it $50 off?

I was given the opportunity to select any accessory $50 or less. I chose the Sol earbuds, which they were selling for about $40. I didn't have much time to decide because I had to choose something while on the phone with the representative who then processed the order. I probably should have chosen the power pack, which was exactly $50, but I've been eyeing those earbuds since I bought the phone so I couldn't be happier.:)

That was probably why you didn't get a second code, because they had you in the system as already having received a code.

Very true! The CSR I initially spoke with offered me the $20 coupon code as a consolation gesture upon turning me down for the full accessories credit. I never expected any of this, so I'm totally grateful for getting anything at all. It was this thread that inspired me to try for the credit, otherwise I would have never thought to pursue it. I didn't really know what to ask for at first, which was probably why I was originally given the $20 credit and not $70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol