my widgets just disappeared

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? I pulled my phone out of my pocket this afternoon and I noticed that my widgets on the different home screens had disappeared.

I don't think it is a case of but dialing or but erasing , but I have no idea how it happened.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, are you talking about widgets like a clock widget, or are you talking about app shortcuts? And are you saying all shortcuts and widgets disappeared, or only some?

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
All my direct dial in a folder disappeared a couple days ago. Had the redo them. Lost the google search bar about the same time. Had gotten a remove x in red letters at the top of the screen that I could not make go away. Probably had something to do with at least part of it! Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In this case, something like Nova and backing up your launcher would make this a little easier. Just restore the backup and you are good to go.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Happens once in a while when and app with a widget updates in the Play Store. I think it's and Android bug honestly.

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with techitrucker. Are most of these widgets from one particular 3rd party app? If so that app probably did get auto updated by the Play Store.

I was surprised this bug is still around with Kit Kat. It's the most annoying Android bug I know of.

Sent from my Moto X

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The only widgets I had on the home screens were Google's Gmail, Notes, and the Moto X calender. They occupied the full screen.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The only time my widgets disappeared was when I booted into safe mode once.When I booted back into normal mode they were still gone,. I fiqured that happened since 3rd party stuff is disabled in safe mode,but that was only time it happened. I dont know why they didnt reappear when I rebooted in normal mode, I just had 2 widgets so just added them back.

I didnt really have a reason to boot into safe mode just did for grins,lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol