not sold on moto x after a week

shelbylido

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Switched from galaxy s4 to moto x. Had it for a week now. Like most of the features but I seem to be missing my galaxy. Should I go back????

Posted via Android Central App

shelbylido

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
What makes you say yes? I hold both phones in my hand and I am leaning towards bringing the moto back.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If you miss your old phone, then go back to your old phone. You're the person who has to use your phone, right? No one else's opinion should matter.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you find yourself missing the galaxy then I would switch back. I tried the moto x for a few weeks and while I loved certain things about it I found myself missing my nexus 5. I have since gone back to my nexus and returned the moto x.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What makes you say yes? I hold both phones in my hand and I am leaning towards bringing the moto back.

The fact that you are missing your old phone. Use what makes you happy.

Personally, I have had the Moto X for a week. I'm coming from a 5.5" LG Optimus G pro (which I still have and will probably use as a tablet now). Much as it pains me to say this, because I love my big screen and the OGP OWNS the MotoX in terms of specs, the Moto X is hands-down the better phone. Slowly getting used to talking to it, but it's growing on me. Love the Active Notifications. The radio is top notch - I get better signal almost everywhere. And the battery life.. oh my goodness.

But my wife has a Galaxy S4 and she's very pleased with it. I've played with it off and on and it's a fantastic phone. I don't really care for the feature set, and TouchWiz ain't my cuppa, but there's not a thing wrong with it and I could learn to love it pretty quickly.

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking to be convinced one way or another? Sounds like you prefer your Samsung. So do that. Or not.

There's hundreds of threads here about why Moto X owners like their phones more than others, and I'm sure you can find at least that many of the same threads in the Samsung forums for that model.

"Should I go back???" is extremely difficult for anyone but you to answer. Might as well ask us if you should wear a red shirt or blue shirt today...lol. ;)

shelbylido

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thought I could get some opinions. Some have been helpful thanks. Also, I chose the red shirt today thanks.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol I had the ATT moto X.. loved it...switched to T Mobile and got the Nexus 5....after two weeks im back to the Moto X cause of size and software features....Nexus was great and fast, but too big for me one handed and missed active notifications more, driving assist, etc.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol I had the ATT moto X.. loved it...switched to T Mobile and got the Nexus 5....after two weeks im back to the Moto X cause of size and software features....Nexus was great and fast, but too big for me one handed and missed active notifications more, driving assist, etc.

Did you stay with T Mobile or switch back to ATT. I'm just curious as Ive bought the Moto X from Motorola unlocked and switching from ATT

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh no..Im staying on T Mobile...dropped my bill over $100 for 5 lines...service is great where im at getting 32 mps LTE speeds

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I ever understand these open-ended highly general questions. It seems like a more specific question about a certain feature, or lack thereof, on each phone could help you make a decision which one to use, but not just, "should I go back." Folks here are always willing to help explain the details that make one phone different from another, but as to which one works for you, only you can answer that. But I hope you're able to come to the best decision - the one you won't regret in your daily life with your phone. And I think if you're having doubts that should be enough to give you your answer.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Thought I could get some opinions.

Again, I'm not sure why other opinions matter. Who is using your phone? Are we using your phone or are you using your phone?

Would you use a phone you didn't prefer simply because everyone else told you to use it? Do you wear clothes that you don't like because other people tell you what you should wear and like?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Switched from galaxy s4 to moto x. Had it for a week now. Like most of the features but I seem to be missing my galaxy. Should I go back????

From what they tell me, the Moto X is the second coming of the Holy Grail. How can you NOT adore, like, and put the Moto X above all smartphones??? :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh no..Im staying on T Mobile...dropped my bill over $100 for 5 lines...service is great where im at getting 32 mps LTE speeds

On the Tmobile thing, they rock you with 2.5 gbs of FREE HOTSPOT DATA TOO.. Also, don't know if it a special promo or not, but an addition 2 gb for the hotspot was only $5..
So, I am rocking 4.5gb on my Tmobile Free Hotspot.. Whoopie!! :D :D :D

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Why choose? Just pop the sim card back and forth depending on your mood.

I love my note 3, but I feel ridiculous in the gym and running with it, so I switch back to the moto x.

if you can read this, you're standing too close

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Why choose? Just pop the sim card back and forth depending on your mood.

I love my note 3, but I feel ridiculous in the gym and running with it, so I switch back to the moto x.

if you can read this, you're standing too close
That would be awesome save for the fact that the Moto uses a nano-SIM and the S4 uses a micro-SIM.

shelbylido

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
From what they tell me, the Moto X is the second coming of the Holy Grail. How can you NOT adore, like, and put the Moto X above all smartphones??? :D

OK, ok. The Moto X is growing on me. I am sticking with it. The features it has are more helpful than the Galaxy S4. Sometimes its nice to hear others opinions. Thanks all for the input.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The Moto X is the first Android device that I owned that works! I had the S4 and by far the X has it beat in almost all areas. I have yet to find any major flaw in the X besides the normal issues phones have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20