Glitched time active notification screen

Dcmorris

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, just got a brand new Moto X but I've recently found an issue. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I've been searching around and I can't seem to find anything about it or if it's happened to anyone else. The time on my screen when I pull my Moto X out of my pocket or when I move it to show active notifications will glitch out from time to time, showing a broken looking time. It doesn't happen all the time, and sometimes it will go back to normal if it goes off and comes back on. It's hard to explain so I managed to get some pictures when it happened.

IMG_1562.jpg IMG_1567.jpg IMG_1568.jpg IMG_1566.jpg

I'm assuming this is some sort of malfunction. But I ordered it from the AT&T online store as an upgrade, would I have to send it back or would I be able to replace it at a physical store? Also, would a different active notification app fix it? I haven't really played around with it much but it was an idea. The rest of the screen seems completely fine and it's never glitched when I actually bring it out of sleep mode, only the time on the active notification screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would bring it in to a carrier store and see what they say.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Madestric

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
my dad's moto x just started doing this too, his phone is on verizon, and was just recently updated to 4.4.2. did you get your phone swapped out? or have it stopped glitching?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Kind of similar, mines didn't show the time at all and the haptic feedback wouldn't work. This happened two or three times in the past 4-5 days.

via VZW Moto X or Droid RAZR M