Can the Moto X be used both on T-Mobile and Verizon?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry some places on the web say reframed.Some say refarmed.I didnt know 4 sure so I thought it would be out of the 2 reframed because it just sounds better but if it is refarmed then sorry not everyone gets everything perfect.But thanx 4 correcting :)

No worries! I think people's auto correct kicks in on this term so it ends up being a different word associated with this then the correct one. Plus it's easy to misspell!

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What should I tell the guy? He's asking me if it'll work on GSM. The phone is on Swappa and I don't want to give him false info.
Give him this link: http://www.airportal.de

Due to FCC agreement, new Verizon phones are supposed to come sin unlocked to use with GSM network. But I never have first hand experience since I wouldn't buy Verizon phones for their general lower resale value and locked bootloader and the big logo in your face.

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I must be in a refarmed area. I checked it yesterday in town and got LTE. I couldn't use it though because i didn't have any minutes on my phone. But when i walked into Walmart at the back of the store it went to -120dbm on LTE and then dropped to edge speeds instead of hspa+. Also when i get within about 6 miles from my home im on edge the whole way and on the road next to my road its covered heavily in trees and hill sides so i loose service completely on the whole road same can be said for sprint.Verizon & At&t work though.
Screenshot_2014-02-06-20-27-33.pngScreenshot_2014-02-06-20-27-28.png
I also noticed that voice was always on -120db (no signal). Then if i tried calling someone it wouldn't work the first time but it dropped lte and i got voice signal. I tried the call again and the call (*611) worked fine.

Last edited:

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is the signal b4 it drops it completely "too where it says no service" when you first start hitting the trees and hills.
Screenshot_2014-02-07-13-04-41.png

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
from what ive been reading around the web verizon wont let phones on its network unless its a verizon phone but im not 100% sure

That's what I was told when I went into the Verizon store late last week. Very short visit

Me: "What are you prepaid plans for my unlocked phone?"
VGuy: "If it is not a Verizon phone then we can't help you.
Me: Exit door right! :)

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That's what I was told when I went into the Verizon store late last week. Very short visit

Me: "What are you prepaid plans for my unlocked phone?"
VGuy: "If it is not a Verizon phone then we can't help you.
Me: Exit door right! :)

Also they don't have LTE on their pre-paid, which is ridiculous.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't buy Verizon phones for their general lower resale value and locked bootloader and the big logo in your face.

Not to mention the 300-bucks worth of minutes they would not roll over from my old feature-phone to a new smart phone after seven years of loyalty to them.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto X I got from Best Buy for Verizon. Can the same Moto X be used on T-Mobile? Its not activated or in use.
No one who wants to use a Moto X on TMobile should be buying a Verizon Moto X - you won't get 4G LTE on TMobile's network using the Verizon Moto X. They should buy the GSM unlocked Moto X.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
No one who wants to use a Moto X on TMobile should be buying a Verizon Moto X - you won't get 4G LTE on TMobile's network using the Verizon Moto X. They should buy the GSM unlocked Moto X.

Where can you buy a gsm Moto x? I keep seeing these on Swappa, "Moto x 16gb unlocked".

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Where can you buy a gsm Moto x? I keep seeing these on Swappa, "Moto x 16gb unlocked".
You can only buy them directly from Motorola. For some reason, TMobile doesn't sell them. You can buy them customized from Moto Maker or you can buy the Developer Edition. They ship with a TMobile SIM card but can be used on either TMobile or ATT. 16GB is on sale right now for $330. $25 more for a wood back and $50 more for 32GB. Dev Ed is $50 more, too since it is 32GB.

All GSM unlocked Moto X's qualify for the unlocked bootloader program, too, but only the Dev Ed maintains its warranty if you unlock the bootloader.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it a Verizon branded one? I think they still don't give you access to edit APN stuff

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia