02-10-2014 07:53 PM
30 12
tools
    You should submit your findings to Mark Rose and Punit Soni.

https://plus.google.com/+MarkRose/posts

https://plus.google.com/+PunitSoni/posts
    great idea because if an app can do it, so can motorola.
    02-09-2014 02:24 PM
    Sticking to full-auto is not going to get you the same results that an app where you set the controls manually gets you.
    02-10-2014 04:31 PM
    Sticking to full-auto is not going to get you the same results that an app where you set the controls manually gets you.
    That's what I wish Motorola would give us the option to do so. They could have something like Simple or Easy mode, where it would act as it does now. Then have the option Advanced Mode with settings like what is in apps like FV-5 or Camera Awesome. My brother is in the market for a smartphone, and called to ask which phone I had when I took the pic of a Ferrari like car we saw when we went to a concert. That was my OG Droid Incredible, and it did take great pics, but only because I had the option to adjust settings like white balance, resolution, ISO, etc. If you left everything on auto, it could take sub par pics.

While I love everything else about last year's Moto line, the camera is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 star rating. But I think if I had access to all those settings, I could get as good pictures as I used to. I may give FV-5 a try.
    02-10-2014 06:27 PM
    Just downloaded fv-5. I'm not really camera savy which may be part of the problem, but I don't really see a difference...for those that it helped, what did you use for indoor/low light situations? I mainly take pictures of my 4 and 1 year old indoors, so low light+movement is my focus with this app.
    02-10-2014 06:38 PM
    Just downloaded fv-5. I'm not really camera savy which may be part of the problem, but I don't really see a difference...for those that it helped, what did you use for indoor/low light situations? I mainly take pictures of my 4 and 1 year old indoors, so low light+movement is my focus with this app.
    Hi, low light + movement = blurry pictures, no App is going to fix that. The lower the light, the longer the shutter has to remain open to expose the sensor to enough light to create the image, any movement during that time = blur. At really slow shutter speed, body movement from your own heartbeat is enough to cause blur. Light is everything in photography.
    Ry likes this.
    02-10-2014 07:53 PM
30 12