Moto X: I love this phone

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: I love this phone.

The nexus 7 is a great device. Absolutely the best Android tablet. Also a great size and weight. I wouldn't buy a nexus 10 right now. It's came out u 2012 and will be replaced soon with a new version.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android, congrats on the new phone. I'm sure most of us will recommend Nexus 10 for 10" tablet, if you're new and want to spend very little money to get used to android I recommend a Nook HD+, which you can find for under $100. This tablet would also help you learn to root your devices, not that you have to, but just nice to know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Off topic of Moto X, but I've been researching tablets and am going to look at some today.

What are your opinions of Nexus 7 (2013) and LG G Pad 8.3 if you have it have had one.
I have a Nexus 7 2013 and it is perfect.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android, congrats on the new phone. I'm sure most of us will recommend Nexus 10 for 10" tablet, if you're new and want to spend very little money to get used to android I recommend a Nook HD+, which you can find for under $100. This tablet would also help you learn to root your devices, not that you have to, but just nice to know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have actually thought about getting a Nexus 7 and a cheaper Android tablet (since I can get about $350 for my iPad on eBay) so I had a cheaper device to tinker with and learn how all that works and not destroy something more expensive.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I did. The problem as I understand it is that when someone else has a message thread open to me that has I messages from before I switched it is still going to try to send an imessage until the system clears it out. Guy at apple said it could take up to 30 days.
There are threads about this issue somewhere on this forum. Apple can clear you out of their iMessage database instantaneously if you call the right number.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

There are threads about this issue somewhere on this forum. Apple can clear you out of their iMessage database instantaneously if you call the right number.

Thanks. I am going to research this more today. It is pretty irritating.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

That is what I did after turning off in iPhone and iPad. Maybe I will get lucky and start getting texts today. Thanks for providing that link.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

That is what I did after turning off in iPhone and iPad. Maybe I will get lucky and start getting texts today. Thanks for providing that link.
Did you call Apple Support? I would call them again and tell them to remove your phone number from your Apple ID in their database. It can be done while you are on the phone.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Did you call Apple Support? I would call them again and tell them to remove your phone number from your Apple ID in their database. It can be done while you are on the phone.
Yeah, they removed it from the database. I'm going to get a couple friends with iPhones to text me in a bit and see if it works today as it has been 24 hours now.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Nothing against the Nexus 10, but in what universe are the two devices even comparable? That's like telling him to try an M1 Abrams if he likes his Harley Davidson.

I would have made the same recommendation from the perspective that the Nexus 10 is stock Android and the Moto X is near-stock Android. Thus, the experience between the two would be very consistent for a former iDevice user coming to the Android ecosystem. So I read it as a very appropriate recommendation.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Well, I went to the store with the intention of just looking today at new tablets and then doing some more research.

I played with numerous ones on display including some of the Samsung units, the LG G Pad 8.3, and the Nexus 7.

I liked the Nexus 7 so much I ended up leaving the store with a Nexus 7 (2013) 32 GB version. Guess I'm going to sell the iPad now and be 100% Android.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I liked the Nexus 7 so much I ended up leaving the store with a Nexus 7 (2013) 32 GB version. Guess I'm going to sell the iPad now and be 100% Android.
Just FYI - a new Nexus 10 is likely by this summer so if you end up deciding you want another 10 inch tablet, there should be that option by this summer.