WI-FI Connect Issue

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. First post on MotoX forum. Just got a new "made for you" X 3 weeks ago. Got the WiFi setting to notify when a network is available, and it's hooked to our home network. No issues there.
We were out today at a restaurant location that had 2 unlocked networks available with max signal power. Well the issue was, it would show connected to both networks trying them separately, but wouldn't allow data passage through phone. I tried multiple times with both, shut the phone down then powered back on. Put in airplane mode and back, all to no avail. While the wi-fi was turned off, it had the usual super fast loading and response through the Verizon signal.
Now be aware, I'm sitting at the same table with Sprint LG Optimus G, and it hooked to both these networks at a very fast speed with no issues. I have had the same issue that the X had today with the LG before, (not at same location), and to remedy that situation all I had to do was put in airplane mode and back again and all was well.

Got any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you were at the restaurant, were the open networks the type where you have to Accept Terms and Conditions on a login page? If you haven't accepted, then you won't be able to access data, although your phone will show as connected.

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
When you were at the restaurant, were the open networks the type where you have to Accept Terms and Conditions on a login page? If you haven't accepted, then you won't be able to access data, although your phone will show as connected.

Evidently not because my LG Optimus didn't have to go through that process to allow data passage