02-13-2014 10:26 AM
68 123
tools
    If someone has a fake account on AC, they can be banned without question for breaking terms of the service. It is simple.
    Huh? Who the heck uses their real name on this site? Do you think my real name is Cozume?
    02-11-2014 09:15 PM
    Me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:18 PM
    Huh? Who the heck uses their real name on this site? Do you think my real name is Cozume?
    You missed my point. One account is legitimate. 2 or more accounts are not allowed at AC, therfore in violation.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-11-2014 10:09 PM
    You missed my point. One account is legitimate. 2 or more accounts are not allowed at AC, therfore in violation.
    lots of people on this site have multiple accounts. And AC isn't a multi-billion dollar international business so no plaintiff's class action lawyers will be suing AC if they do that anyhow. You missed my point I see.
    02-11-2014 10:18 PM
    lots of people on this site have multiple accounts. And AC isn't a multi-billion dollar international business so no plaintiff's class action lawyers will be suing AC if they do that anyhow. You missed my point I see.
    Mobile Nations is a large business. If you want to use multiple accounts to represent yourself several different ways that is on you man. I will just leave this here for the good people of AC. Here is a few words from mobile nations terms of use.

"You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of the information."

Having multiple user accounts means at least one is fraudulent, or missing clean contact information.

I am sure you will now lay down the law by section and title how mobile nations or google's terms of service mean nothing and they can't do anything about it if you break those terms. Help this thread understand those laws! That's what we do here, help.

02-11-2014 10:52 PM
    Mobile Nations is a large business.
    No plaintiff's class action lawyer gives a crap about Mobile Nations, lol! Too small of a fish to fry.
    02-11-2014 10:54 PM
    No plaintiff's class action lawyer gives a crap about Mobile Nations, lol! Too small of a fish to fry.
    You have beat me down with experience. I kindly bow out and tip my hat to your class action lawsuit. Good luck!

02-11-2014 11:29 PM
    You have beat me down with experience. I kindly bow out and tip my hat to your class action lawsuit. Good luck!
    There won't be any class action lawsuits against Google because Google won't ever try to enforce their TOS against their victims, er, customers because they aren't going to do anything that stupid. It would wreck their business.

Google's TOS exists for DEFENSIVE purposes not OFFENSIVE purposes. Google is too smart to be trying to enforce it's TOS against anyone unless they hack their system. They could give a crap about anyone using fake names. All they care about is advertising revenue.
    02-11-2014 11:50 PM
    There won't be any class action lawsuits against Google because Google won't ever try to enforce their TOS against their victims, er, customers because they aren't going to do anything that stupid. It would wreck their business.

Google's TOS exists for DEFENSIVE purposes not OFFENSIVE purposes. Google is too smart to be trying to enforce it's TOS against anyone unless they hack their system. They could give a crap about anyone using fake names. All they care about is advertising revenue.
    Oh my....the only person talking about a class action lawsuit and the the only person saying nobody knows anything about laws. You are saying "who the eff cares if you violate it anyhow." That debate is all you.

It is poor advice to say "eff the terms," and you haven't taken into context what Google has done to its users who broke those terms on google+. They did not want google+ to become a forum of fake names so they started suspending google+ accounts that violated terms.

For me to say, "if you break terms don't use said account for data that is important," is nothing aimed at your arguments of your laws, lawsuits, and eff the terms mantra. I am completely, 100% bored with the idea of debating about those arguments.

One more time....If someone wants to use fake accounts (I could care less, really, I don't care at all, zero, so please don't debate me on the issue like I care) just a friendly suggestion from me is to maybe think about what kind of data that account uses. That is it!

02-12-2014 08:19 AM
    I don't believe that. That sort of sheet would make it into the paper if Google did something like that. In what court did your friend win the right to use his nickname?
    Google suspended his account. He entered into a long negotiation with google, during which he presented evidence that he was generally known by his nickname, and not by his legal name. A few weeks later they gave him access to the account.

No, his nickname isn't "Jim", or some other obvious, common nickname. It is initials that don't match the initials of his name.

He had a friend with an even more uncommon nickname who was not allowed to use g+ in his name.

Google didn't try to prosecute either of them, it just said, "sorry, we believe you are in violation of the tos, so you can't use this service".

you are wrong. Except for the last part. Yes, they care about advertising revenue. But they also policed g+ fairly vigorously to keep it "real names", at least at the start. And yes, they revoked accounts from people who didn't hack anything, didn't offend other users, and generally did nothing wrong except for using fake names.

This was not a popular stance with all their market. I bet if you Google it you can still find articles about the controversy. ;-)
    02-12-2014 10:03 PM
    Google suspended his account.
    You've provided ZERO proof of your claims.
    02-12-2014 10:08 PM
    I've suggested you Google it.
    :shrug:
    If you think I am lying, that is your problem. I'd prefer you not misinform others, and will share my information.
    02-12-2014 11:25 PM
    Keep it civil.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-12-2014 11:27 PM
    By the way, I have three or four gmail accounts, only one of which has a name even vaguely resembling my real name. I am taking about g+ id's, not gmail accounts.
    02-12-2014 11:27 PM
    I've suggested you Google it.
    :shrug:
    If you think I am lying, that is your problem. I'd prefer you not misinform others, and will share my information.
    more talk no proof.
    02-12-2014 11:35 PM
    I'm just speculating whether the fact Eric Schmidt was CEO of Google until some point in 2013 made them harsher on using pseudonyms than they might be now. He has no respect or appreciation for the value of privacy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    02-13-2014 02:07 AM
    I'm just speculating whether the fact Eric Schmidt was CEO of Google until some point in 2013 made them harsher on using pseudonyms than they might be now. He has no respect or appreciation for the value of privacy.
    Easily explained, he is an Accountant and all that really matters is money.

It's the way things are now, no more profit margin on top of costs, but, let's hit the market for what it can bear, and, let's gather personal data and sell it for even more money.
    02-13-2014 09:57 AM
    Easily explained, he is an Accountant and all that really matters is money.

It's the way things are now, no more profit margin on top of costs, but, let's hit the market for what it can bear, and, let's gather personal data and sell it for even more money.
    Could be. :-/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    02-13-2014 10:26 AM
68 123