Where's the Moto love?

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my MotoMaker customized Moto X for a few days now and I must say that its a very nifty device.

It feels really good in the hand and is light but not too light. It also feels solidly built.

The screen is FINE. No it does not have pixels to spare but everything looks sharp and vivid on the 720 p AMOLED screen.

Battery life is VERY good with mixed use I have been averaging 19 plus hours a day with 15% battery life to spare.

The active display is a very nice feature that I use constantly without fear of a massive battery drain.

The active assist works very well in the car as does most of the voice commands and control. If I had to gripe it would be about the voice command to activate Google hands free services. 'OK Google now' is just too hackneyed for my tastes.

Performance overall is buttery smooth and snappy with little to no hiccups along the way.

The camera is what it is. The few pics I've taken are not bad and not great but what do you want? A great camera with your so so cell phone or a great phone with a so so camera? Can you have both? Sure but I'm not sure you'd get that in as nice a package as the Moto X.

Overall a very capable phone with enough software and hardware innovation to keep things interesting.

Good job Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I certainly like mine here lately tho I have been using my nexus 5 so I can try out different rooms.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried loving a Moto X and that's why I've been banned from the Verizon store.

--
Somebody, somewhere, right now is stuffing Twinkies in their shorts.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the with active display I only have to swipe once to unlock/turn on the phone. Can't do that with LED.

Anyway, you can enable the green LED with root.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
There actually is an LED in the phone but you can only access it if you root the X. It would have been nice if Motorola Gave users the option though.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was hardwired to only show low battery, and couldn't be used in any other way, even with root. Is that not true?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im glad the Moto X doesnt have an led light , that thing got on my nerves .I always disabled on other phones I had , after a day or less the blinking omg ;)

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had my MotoMaker customized Moto X for a few days

Slipping into Proban suit!

As a stickler for accuracy, that statement should read, "I've had my MotoMaker optioned Moto X for a few days"

"Custom" means a one-off part, and nothing else like it. A factory cannot add "custom" parts unless they make each one specifically for an entity and it is different from all others they have made.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to think the presence of an LED notification light was a non-negotiable on a smartphone for myself, but I haven't missed an LED at all while using a Moto X.

+1
I was completely tweaked out with Lightflow and different colors/vibration patterns/notification sounds so I could always tell what was waiting, even from across the room. I decided to give Active Notifications a solid chance and haven't looked back at all. Simpler is better for me today.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Active notifications is so much better then an led. I understand you can make your led what ever color you want for sms,email ext but nothing beats rolling over in bed looking at your phone and it lights up and you can see what you have going on without ever touching it.

Posted via Android Central App

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree I really wish it had an LED. I prefer LED to active notification believe it or not.

Sent from my XT1053

Have you used active notifications? It really is a nicer feature than LED notifications. Well, in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you used active notifications? It really is a nicer feature than LED notifications. Well, in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Yep I use it and I like it but for me an led is a more reliable way to see notifications when my phone is sitting on a table.

Sent from my XT1053

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12