05-28-2015 01:51 AM
62 123
tools
    I don't drop my phone to often but incidents do occur.I have a TPU case and screen protector on my phone but I don't think they would keep my screen from shattering if it landed wrong.
    So far I have been lucky without having any damage from the twice it was dropped.I dropped once from 2 feet high on hardwood floor,and another time it fell about 2 feet off table on carpet in TV room.

I don't thing the Moto X screen is any more fragile then any other phone though if the drops are pretty much identical type drops.
    But even saying that sometimes stuff just happens,sometimes your lucky ,sometimes your not lucky
    07-17-2014 10:12 AM
    I had the second gen moto x for about a month before it's first fall. I was laying in bed using it to watch a youtube video. Started to fall asleep and it fell and broke the corner on my cheek bone. About a month after that I was at work and it fell from the counter to the floor (a hard floor mind you) and shattered. Had to get a replacement. Have had said replacement for a week when it slid off my coffee table onto the carpeting and shattered again. I will not put anymore money into a piece of tech that can't even take a 2 ft fall onto soft carpeting. Even with the insurance.
    05-22-2015 10:13 AM
    I had the second gen moto x for about a month before it's first fall. I was laying in bed using it to watch a youtube video. Started to fall asleep and it fell and broke the corner on my cheek bone. About a month after that I was at work and it fell from the counter to the floor (a hard floor mind you) and shattered. Had to get a replacement. Have had said replacement for a week when it slid off my coffee table onto the carpeting and shattered again. I will not put anymore money into a piece of tech that can't even take a 2 ft fall onto soft carpeting. Even with the insurance.
    Did you not have at least a screen protector on your phones? I have a Moto X (2013) Developer Edition phone and I've always got a case on the phone as well as a tempered glass screen protector. I've dropped only a handful of times but nothing has ever happened to the screen (not a scratch or crack on it).

I got my screen protector off of Amazon and it was less than $10 for the tempered glass protector. For that price, I went ahead and purchased two of them in case something happened to the first one.

Cindy

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2015 10:45 AM
    Has anyone tried one with a Seidio Surface case? That is the case I was thinking about getting when I order my phone today.
    That's what I've had on my phone since it was new. It has been dropped twice, the last was in a campground shower room where it fell about 3 feet onto the rough concrete floor and landed on it's edge. It was definitely an "oh sheet" moment but when picked it up I found that it just nicked a little of the surface coating on the corner and didn't effect the phone at all. This was definitely worth the money.

Mine does not have the kickstand.

Wondering if it will slide over the tempered glass, or if there is enough space left around the border where it doesn't have to.
    I can't comment as I have never had had a screen protector of any kind on my phones.
    05-22-2015 10:42 PM
    I've never had insurance, nor used a case and/or screen protector on my Moto X. The screen is still perfect coming up on my 2 year anniversary later this year.

I would have never guessed this was a concern. IMO, you are over thinking this.
    cindylike24 likes this.
    05-23-2015 10:14 AM
    I've never had insurance, nor used a case and/or screen protector on my Moto X. The screen is still perfect coming up on my 2 year anniversary later this year.

I would have never guessed this was a concern. IMO, you are over thinking this.
    I've had insurance in only half of my phones but I've normally had cases and screen protectors on them for extra peace of mind. I work in an office with a concrete floor and I'm not one to take chances with my phones in case I should happen to drop it on the floor. (In case I get a case of the dropsies.)

My sister had an iPhone that she didn't have a case on it and she dropped it on the parking lot near her vehicle. Needless to say, the screen was cracked in multiple places. She was able to go get the screen replaced but ever since then, any phone that she happens to have has a case on it at all times. Buying a case and screen protector for your phone is normally cheaper than having the broken screen replaced in the long run.

Just my two cents here. Take it for what it's worth.

Cindy
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-2015 09:56 PM
    That's what I've had on my phone since it was new. It has been dropped twice, the last was in a campground shower room where it fell about 3 feet onto the rough concrete floor and landed on it's edge. It was definitely an "oh sheet" moment but when picked it up I found that it just nicked a little of the surface coating on the corner and didn't effect the phone at all. This was definitely worth the money.

Mine does not have the kickstand.

I can't comment as I have never had had a screen protector of any kind on my phones.
    Hey PapaGary, with the seidio kickstand case, does the kickstand work in portrait style? and is the phone stable while in landscape position?
    05-24-2015 11:41 PM
    Hey PapaGary, with the seidio kickstand case, does the kickstand work in portrait style? and is the phone stable while in landscape position?
    Uh,
    Mine does not have the kickstand..
    05-25-2015 01:25 PM
    Uh,
    My bad, so how is the case anyway? Is the power and volume buttons easy to press? or does the case interfere alot? Also does the lip of the case interfere with typing or navigating on the screen?
    05-25-2015 01:43 PM
    My bad, so how is the case anyway?
    I consider it the best case for the Moto X and I own three others: two Body Glove and one Otterbox.

Is the power and volume buttons easy to press?
    Yes, the cutouts in the case make them easy to press.

or does the case interfere alot?
    Not at all.

Also does the lip of the case interfere with typing or navigating on the screen?
    Nope. The lip prevents the surface of the screen from contact if placed face down on a flat surface but in no way hinders typing.

This is the exact case I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-CSR3MTX...cUvbUpU4447774
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    05-25-2015 02:16 PM
    I'm the guy who asked the question about this case quoted above, from over a year ago. Now I can answer this one: I've had the case (Seido Surface) almost the whole time and agree that it is very good. The kickstand only works in landscape orientation. It is stable enough. It does wobble a little because of the curve of the back of the Moto X but I use it all the time and it hasn't been a problem.
    05-27-2015 05:45 PM
    haha

Thanks
    05-28-2015 01:51 AM
62 123