Moto X: ART vs Dalvik

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X ART vs Dalvik

Actually, it is nearly an identical process for both devices. I have switched to ART on both devices and in my opinion, my devices are working more smoothly and the touch screens seem more responsive. But I'm not much of a "techie" and an expert in ZERO technology fields.

I'll have to look up how to do it on my N7. I just didnt search that much honestly.

Posted via my Moto X DE

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Tap on the build number 7 times (if I remember correctly) in the settings>about>phone>build number and the developer options will open.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I switched back to Dalvik for the first time in months and the one thing I definitely noticed was that when I scrolled in apps like Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc it had a lag. Back on ART now and it's back running smoothly.

Posted with my Moto X

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Tap on the build number 7 times (if I remember correctly) in the settings>about>phone>build number and the developer options will open.

Got it... I knew it was slightly goofy to get to it but not hard. Got art running on Nexus 7 2013 now. But had to charge battery last night. I'll check it out today. Thanks!

Posted via my Moto X DE

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I switched back to Dalvik for the first time in months and the one thing I definitely noticed was that when I scrolled in apps like Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc it had a lag. Back on ART now and it's back running smoothly.

Posted with my Moto X

That's strange because when i switched to ART on my Moto X, apps like Facebook, Twitter etc. took far too long to load up. That reason alone made me switch back to Dalvik, and also the fact the phone seemed unbalanced.. i.e. some things ran fast, others slow.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I don't notice a difference in lag vs no lag in ART vs Dalvic. But what I do notice is battery life is better in Dalvic for me.....

I used ART for several months before recently switching back to DALVIC....

Posted via Android Central App