Verizon APN settings

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a way to change APN settings on this phone? I am trying to fix my MMS issues. When I go to the settings, everything is grayed out and I can't edit the current APN. Also, there is no option to add an APN.

I am on Verizon and have the Developer Edition.

Thanks!

helikyler

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
BUMP! I have the same issues with the Moto G on Verizon Prepaid.

Out of curiosity, what are your MMS issues? I am unable to receive MMS at all, and I bought the phone from Verizon. My number was ported back into Verizon from Straight Talk but the store did it so I didn't think there should be any issue. I tried using the Tweakker app but even though I add a new APN it doesn't seem to stick.

My thread on Verizon Community forums is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817051

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For stock, I believe that you can only edit the apn when you use a non verizon sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a way to change APN settings on this phone? I am trying to fix my MMS issues. When I go to the settings, everything is grayed out and I can't edit the current APN. Also, there is no option to add an APN.

I am on Verizon and have the Developer Edition.

Thanks!

BUMP! I have the same issues with the Moto G on Verizon Prepaid.

Out of curiosity, what are your MMS issues? I am unable to receive MMS at all, and I bought the phone from Verizon. My number was ported back into Verizon from Straight Talk but the store did it so I didn't think there should be any issue. I tried using the Tweakker app but even though I add a new APN it doesn't seem to stick.

My thread on Verizon Community forums is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817051

Might make more sense to contact Verizon Wireless technical support.

gary_p

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It *appears* to be the case that APN settings cannot be edited with the Verizon SIM in place. With a Giffgaff SIM, I had no problem editing all fields. But upon replacing the original Verizon SIM, Mobile Data did not work, and the APN fields were uneditable, except for the APN name which continued to say giffgaff.com. But changing that one field to "vzwinternet" returned all functionality.

But there is so much conflicting information and suggestions.... I have to add Your Milage May Vary.