Moto X: terrible battery life on standby

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
3G looks like a winner to me on the Moto X. And yes, that's with only an hour screen on time. :p

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-17-09-46-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-17-09-46-26.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 94

techwxy

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's nice, now that's the kind of battery life I am calling satisfactory :)

Btw, what option you selected to make it to 3G in that LTE on/off app?

3G looks like a winner to me on the Moto X. And yes, that's with only an hour screen on time. :p

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and using Xposed this module is an even better option to controlling what Network speed you use and while the phone sleeps. You can choose to have use 2G with the screen off, then switch to 3G with screen on and only turn on LTE when certain apps are being used. Lots of configurations to choose from and like you noticed with the other app turning LTE off saves lots of battery life.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.voidvapps.intelli3g&hl=en&token=taK504oH

Bear in mind too that the N4 is a 3G only device. It should have awesome battery. Personally, I'm surprised that there is a 4G device on Verizon that will run for 24+ hours without a huge battery. I'm half tempted to shut 4G off and see what happens.

This works perfect: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=APPU_Jn_GU7uvI46eyASN6IKICw&token=RGZPviEl

techwxy

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that Moto X verizon is finally updated to 4.4.4, problem solved. I don't see Android OS been on the very top of battery consumption anymore, matter of fact, you have to look for Android OS now, it is the 7th item on my battery consumption list, with merely 6%.

Ruchir Tondon

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
i got an awesome battery life for like first 3 days.. the phone went on for more than 24 hrs o one charge and 3- 3.5 hrs of screen time but after that.. not more than 10-12 hrs.. 14 tops

Jord1511

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I was wondering as a new Moto X user, is the below battery life good or not?

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App On My Epic Moto X.

Attachments

• 2631.jpg
    2631.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 2632.jpg
    2632.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 165

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It's obviously going to differ based on your usage, but that is good as far as I'm concerned. I've seen better, but with my usage that's about as good as I get. All I need is to get me through the day. 18 to 20 hours with over 4 hours even time looks great to me.

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I was wondering as a new Moto X user, is the below battery life good or not?

Thanks.

That is pretty much what you should be expecting. I would get similar results when I was on 4.2.2. However just last night I went and flashed all the way to 4.4.4 so I have to see how battery life will be.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ruchir Tondon

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Might be good for the next couple of days... Then after that might not get more than 15 hrs with around 3 hrs a screen time.... Blady my moto g with a 2000 mah battery lasts more than one day

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

Looks good to me. I am still getting good battery life on 4.4.4. No complaints
When in standby mode phones is sleeping(from looking at the battery graph) as I am sleeping then too. :)

techwxy

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that Moto X verizon is finally updated to 4.4.4, problem solved. I don't see Android OS been on the very top of battery consumption anymore, matter of fact, you have to look for Android OS now, it is the 7th item on my battery consumption list, with merely 6%.

I take that back. My phone was only good for 2-3 days after the 4.4.4 update. Now the Android OS is again taking the top spot, consistently, everyday.
Grrrrrr. Battery life is just as bad, or worse as the 4.4.2.

I am completely fat up with it, and went with a LG G2. It's been 2 weeks and I am completely satisfied with G2's battery life, amazing is an under-statement!

I still have my Moto X as a spare phone, if anyone, ever, find a real solution to the battery drain(Android OS), I might consider of reusing it.

puszek

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else experience 1% marathon?
I mean that the phone last unnaturally long on the last 1% of battery?
I have been on 1% for 14 hours straight, and counting...

viator666

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There is a thread about this on xda, it's a fairly common issue.
I experience this on a regular basis, my personal best is 20 hours on 1%...

Sent from my Moto X

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I want to try the 1% marathon, but I've read a few threads about the Moto X not coming back on when it powers itself off like that. Anyone had this issue? I'm just nervous about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995