Who's Running Battery Doctor?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Battery Doctor to see how it works. I am not really having any problems with my Moto X but I wanted to see what's using the battery.
Do you just run the app from time to time? What's the best way to utilitize this app and what are the consequences if the battery saver mode is set to ON?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Use Wakelock Detector. It detects what apps wake your device from sleep. It has CPU wakelocks, screen wakelocks and triggers. It tells you what apps are waking the device from sleep and how many times they do it. One of the best apps available for seeing battery drain.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Use Wakelock Detector. It detects what apps wake your device from sleep. It has CPU wakelocks, screen wakelocks and triggers. It tells you what apps are waking the device from sleep and how many times they do it. One of the best apps available for seeing battery drain.

Be aware now that you have to have root access now for Wakelock Detector to work properly under KitKat

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow amazing app I'm getting 69 hours on my phone. Such a wonderful app

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I installed this app based on a referral. It definitely increased my usage so that I get over 24 hours usage on one charge. My usage is moderate so I am very pleased with this app. I like the trickle charge function as well as the tone it sounds when it completes the battery charge.

DougW

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use BD - have had my phone (Moto X - ATT) on for 26 hours now im at 54% - i am a light user mostly text and calls - but damn i came from a defy xt that ran thru its battery like crazy - amazing phone

Gh0st11

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I got that, I was just curious about when its fully charged, and on active display notifications. It says,"unplug now, trickle stage complete," and alerts a tone and notification still after changing sound settings, etc. I hope you understand what I am trying to say DC.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I got that, I was just curious about when its fully charged, and on active display notifications. It says,"unplug now, trickle stage complete," and alerts a tone and notification still after changing sound settings, etc. I hope you understand what I am trying to say DC.

Yea I understand

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings on the top right. (3 dots on the top right.) From there you can change whatever setting you want

I turned off those settings when i first installed BD hoping it would remove the trickle charge notification, but it doesn't. As far as I can tell, you can't turn off the trickle charge notification.....

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
And that is a big issue as it slows down the charging times massively. On mine 30% left it was taking 3.5hrs or more to charge from the wall, not good. With BD stopped it took 1.5hrs as you would expect. For that reason i uninstalled it but i miss the handy widgets :/

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I turned off those settings when i first installed BD hoping it would remove the trickle charge notification, but it doesn't. As far as I can tell, you can't turn off the trickle charge notification.....

Can you go Settings>Active Display>Select apps and un-check Battery Doctor?

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I used to use BD but don't anymore, for a couple of reasons--
--I do have Clean Master on my phone, and it has functions that duplicate some of what BD does, such as clearing out running apps. For that matter, I believe Greenify does a similar function, though not as aggressively on a non-rooted device.
--I now prefer whenever possible to charge my phone when it is powered down. It charges faster that way, as the charging circuits are not being diverted to running phone functions. As for the trickle charge thing, most modern phone charger modules (along with the circuitry in the phone itself) should do much the same thing anyway as far as backing off the charge as it reaches a full 4.2 V to help prevent stressing out the battery. Your Moto charger that came with the phone certainly will have that ability. That said, the reminder ping that BD gives off when charging is done is a useful tool since it's better for the battery's longevity to unplug it when it reaches 100%.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
In any case, if you really sense that BD helps out your device, by all means keep using it. I'm not certain I saw that much benefit, and with my phone setup and usage habits I get plenty of time from a charge for my needs.

Jewels2172

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have battery doctor and it's always telling me I am low on memory and my phone gets hot. My phone is running slow and I don't know what to do. I've contacted support and have not replied to 5 messages yet. Any suggestions?