The Moto X will be legendary

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched to N5. I just couldn't take the [Inappropriate Language Removed by Moderator] camera on MX, plus for me N5 clearly has a much better screen.... Not that screen on MX is bad or anything

Last edited by a moderator:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I loved my GNex screen in all of its oversaturated AMOLED goodness!
I've owned 4 GNex before and just bought another one. My first one was imported before it become available for $399 in the Playstore. That one have great screen and no issues, all the subsequence ones I owned are Playstore version they all had crappy screens and heating issues. You basically have to be lucky to get a decent AMOLED screen, but I'm guessing Samsung is better at quality control now. The Moto X screen looks like it have a lot better quality control, except for the scratch on the display that was there when I received it.

sent via tapatalk

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about legendary but I think it'll reach cult status. In a couple of years everything will be head and shoulders above the X but I imagine folks will remember it fondly. The Palm pre was an awesomely mediocre device during it's run but it still has people talking about it!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about legendary but I think it'll reach cult status. In a couple of years everything will be head and shoulders above the X but I imagine folks will remember it fondly. The Palm pre was an awesomely mediocre device during it's run but it still has people talking about it!
Some of us are nostalgic about every device we have ever held to our ear, lol! I hated the crap radios on my GNex when it was my phone. Now I hold it lovingly and tell it not to worry, mommy still loves you even though the Moto X is her daily driver each night before I go to bed. Crazy!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've owned 4 GNex before and just bought another one. My first one was imported before it become available for $399 in the Playstore. That one have great screen and no issues, all the subsequence ones I owned are Playstore version they all had crappy screens and heating issues. You basically have to be lucky to get a decent AMOLED screen, but I'm guessing Samsung is better at quality control now. The Moto X screen looks like it have a lot better quality control, except for the scratch on the display that was there when I received it.

sent via tapatalk

Have to give Samsung some credit, it was 1st HD AMOLED display. Its also a nature of AMOLED technology. MX has same issues as Gnex had, but they are not really that visible, S4 screen was excellent on the other hand.

I just traded in my broken Gnex towards N5.....had a good almost 3 year run until charging port broke

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
One of Moto's strengths:

Moto X tops LTE network connectivity test.
Trashes the competition.
[Smartphone D in this graph.]
[url]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r303/jcn2u/Motoxreception.jpg[/URL]

Google's Moto X tops LTE network connectivity test - FierceWirelessTech

Each and every Motorola phone I've ever had has kicked **** as a PHONE. It holds a connection with clear reception with the others don't. It has drawn me to Moto through the years. From my first experience with a StarTAC to the cute little v180 to the many RAZRs I had through the years to the pain in many other ways Atrix to the Moto X - the crystal clear reception has never ever let me down in all Motorola phones. I've had others: Samsung, Nokia, etc., but none was ever as reliable as a PHONE as the Motorolas I've had through the years. I would love a better camera, but a great phone is the real deal breaker for me - and nobody touches Motorola for that - at least in my experience.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The X may be a one off memorable device. It would be truly epic if the carrier versions had unlockable bootloaders.

It reminds me of the Droid incredible. Small, great device that is destined to be better than its future iterations.

And I was one of the people that bought the HTC rezound over the gnex. I enjoyed doing things like making phone calls and using data, so the rezound was a better option than the gnex :)

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It will be legendary for having the worst Damn camera in the history of smart phones. It's useless. I don't understand why it gets a pass from so many people.

Posted via Android Central App

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Having a Moto x is truly a beautiful thing. I think the OG droid has a cult status as well. Got one of them, yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It will be legendary for having the worst Damn camera in the history of smart phones. It's useless. I don't understand why it gets a pass from so many people.
I am waiting to pass judgment until I see the 4.4.2 update, but the low light performance in 4.4 is without a doubt unacceptable.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Posted via Android Central App

Oh hush it. If you care so much about a camera get an actual camera. What's the point of having an awesome camera in a phone in the first place? Better instagram photos? Better vines? Or better pics to post to Facebook? No true photographer can use a smartphone camera unless its a 1020, or maybe a 1520/Icon.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh hush it. If you care so much about a camera get an actual camera. What's the point of having an awesome camera in a phone in the first place? Better instagram photos? Better vines? Or better pics to post to Facebook? No true photographer can use a smartphone camera unless its a 1020, or maybe a 1520/Icon.
While all of this is true, the Moto X camera is really bad compared to other smartphone cameras in low light and indoor performance at least on 4.4. It is really bad. I hope 4.4.2 improves it alot, because it is really bad now.

Now there are a couple of paid apps that improve it, the problem is mostly the ISO, but if apps can improve it, why can't Motorola?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
While all of this is true, the Moto X camera is really bad compared to other smartphone cameras in low light and indoor performance at least on 4.4. It is really bad. I hope 4.4.2 improves it alot, because it is really bad now.

Now there are a couple of paid apps that improve it, the problem is mostly the ISO, but if apps can improve it, why can't Motorola?

Do they really need to? Its a mass market phone for everybody. Not everybody cares about the camera in their phone that much. Its a decent camera and honestly that's all that really matters.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X has good enough camera to get me by.I plan on keeping my Moto X even when I update to another phone eventually.
I wasn't posting any pictures on National Geographic anyhoo. ;)
Btw:
I didnt have any issues with the Galaxy Nexus either,the battey life wasnt the greatest but that was about it.I still have it , as well as my original Droid Incredible

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't keep your hopes up on 4.4.2 its a minor update for camera that improves noise a little. For me colors are still way off and photos come out blurry.

https://plus.google.com/116208859287726976393/posts/XnfWnpvbJMF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20