Just ordered a Moto X.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a Moto X it should be here tomorrow and I'm coming from a Nexus 5. What are the first few things I should do when I get the phone. What are your guys recommended apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I would make sure that you have your Google account set to "back up" on the Nexus. When you log into your account on the MotoX, everything gets restored, even your saved wifi spots (with passwords)
Just powered up my MotoX Dev Edition yesterday and spent the afternoon getting it the way I want it.
You won't be disappointed.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Nova... Get more screen space... Default sucks... After that-follow the directions. Lol

Posted via my Moto X DE

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference between the default and nova as far as screen space?

Nova and other 3rd party launchers allow you to increase the amount of icons/folders on each home screen. The default launcher has the google search bar along the top then and icon grid of 4x4 (4 icons across by 4 icons down) and the dock at the bottom. With Nova you can keep or delete the search bar, change the icon grid from as small as 2x2 or as large as 12x12, change the dock to be as few as 2 icons or as many as 7 icons.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't bother with other launchers.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm in love with the phone I got rid of my nexus 5 and I'm fully satisfied with my moto x. I haven't installed any 3rd party launcher as of yet.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in love with the phone I got rid of my nexus 5 and I'm fully satisfied with my moto x. I haven't installed any 3rd party launcher as of yet.

Congrats on your phone! I've had mine for over a month and I'm loving it.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Congrats I've had mine for over a week came from a Note 3. Loving it too.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I love the size of the phone, how it feels in my hands and the fact that its my moto x with the colors I wanted. Active display is hands down the best feature about this phone I don't think I can go back to a phone without it. Touchless control is something that I thought would be just a gimmick but it is really useful and works very well. The battery life is so good it's unreal i don't want to go on a rant so I'll end it by saying if you get it you won't regret it.

cindave

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered mine, coming from the Razr M. Looking forward to trying out the touchless controls and overall integration this phone offers.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine, coming from the Razr M. Looking forward to trying out the touchless controls and overall integration this phone offers.

I don't use touch less controls very often, but when I do it works like a charm. You're going to love active notifications. Hands down one of my favorite features on the device as it also saves a hell of a lot of the battery.

The little dimple on the back is a nice little touch too if you have your device naked.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair