07-03-2018 04:02 PM
61 123
tools
    This just happened to me a few days ago, phone wasn't charging until I got home and restarted my phone and plugged it in and it started getting a charge

Posted via Android Central App
    12-27-2014 04:01 AM
    Is everyone using the original USB cable and charger when they notice the phone doesn't charge?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
    12-30-2014 06:45 AM
    Just hold the on and volume down button at the same time for a while and when you let go, it will begin to charge.
    01-04-2015 06:35 PM
    Thank you so much! I found this answer in about a minute and was so GRATEFUL it worked. thank you again!
    01-08-2015 02:00 PM
    Made an account just to verify and say thanks. "Pressing the Volume down button and Power Button simultaneously for about a minute" - worked for me. I'm thinking its some sort of shut down/bug in the battery that doesnt allow it to shut down completely. From now on, I'll be sure to not go to full 0%.
    Thanks all.

ps- the camera on the Moto X is not very good.
    01-12-2015 01:58 PM
    Use the proprietary charging cable. First question the support crew asked me when I rang them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-12-2015 02:43 PM
    thank you so much it worked !!!!
    i pressed power low button for few second and power up button for 1 min
    heee and it turned on
    01-14-2015 11:15 PM
    Hey,

Try out below solution , It worked for me.

Connect Moto E to charging
    Press vol down key for about 30 sec.
    Then simultaneously press Vol down and Power Button for 3 Minutes.
    Your Phone will start charging.
    My moto X was not charging and it was heating a lot while tring to.

Your solution helped, its on again.
    Thanks.
    02-24-2015 10:17 PM
    holding the volume down button and power button worked for me.
    03-05-2015 03:48 PM
    Yes, holding down on the volume button and the power button finally brought mine back to life. I couldn't believe it wouldn't turn on while it was charging and I started to freak out. Thank you!!!!
    03-10-2015 10:36 PM
    WOOT!!! The PWR and VOL Down for 1min worked!! So happy! Champagne and Puppies for everyone!
    03-22-2015 05:16 PM
    This works, Thx
    05-11-2015 04:34 PM
    I registered in this website just to tell u Thanks. But how u know this solution?
    06-04-2015 10:05 AM
    I'm glad I found this forum. That holding down the buttons worked.
    06-04-2015 10:28 PM
    Hey Utsav,

Thanks a ton, I accidentally did not check whether my button is on or not before I leave my wall charger with my moto x. Came back found that battery is dead. Search a lot came here, gave a shot! and found the solution. I really thought I have to take to mobile doc or moto dispensary for check up but it really worked man!!!

Once again ! Thanks a lot! 1000 Likes!!!
    06-23-2015 01:02 PM
    As a little insight into this from a technical side, here we go:

Companies that make devices with non-removable batteries have a challenge. They need to protect the device from discharging too much but also provide a way to "reset" to allow it to start charging again. Lenovo does this on their "sealed" laptops by providing a pinhole on the bottom to insert a pin or paperclip to press a button to reset the charge circuit. Until that switch is pressed the computer won't turn on OR charge. It sounds like Motorola implements a similar protection with the power/volume button thing, though I've always wondered if that pinhole at the bottom of the phone on the back is for this purpose also.
    06-23-2015 01:27 PM
    ... though I've always wondered if that pinhole at the bottom of the phone on the back is for this purpose also.
    That is one of the three microphones. I wouldn't poke it.
    06-23-2015 02:24 PM
    That is one of the three microphones. I wouldn't poke it.
    I kind of figured as much. I have refrained from poking it, but I also haven't run my battery down to the point of needing this kind of reset.
    06-23-2015 02:26 PM
    The process described here by numerous posters worked very well in "salvaging" my Moto E:

1. Connect Moto E to charging
    2. Press vol down key for about 30 sec.
    3. Then simultaneously press Vol down and Power Button for 3 Minutes.
    4. Your Phone will start charging.

A couple of observations:
    Firstly, Like all here I had run the battery down low before the Moto E wouldn't recharge.
    Secondly I had the "dead" MotoE hooked up and "charging" for 3 h before I tried the above; using the AC/DC adapter & cable that came with the unit. When charging normally, the adapter hums very quietly and heats up slightly, which it was not doing during the 3 h.
    But, when I then tried the procedure above, after the three minutes (with a small delay in which I thought I was stuffed) the screen came up with what looked like an old mostly-black DOS screen with small writing and several apparent selections one could make as to resetting the unit. I didn't know what to do, or which to select. But that choice was made for me, as after about 2-3 min. that screen disappeared and the MotoE booted up just like normal and started to charge (quiet humming and mild heat from charger). All good now. Thanks all!
    07-24-2015 01:28 AM
    My MOTO E battery got drained to zero percent and now its not charging. Its like an hour and it is still showing zero percent. When ever i press power up button, screen lits up and says zero percent, nothing more than that. I tried the method of pressing the power on and volume button also, but it is not working.

Please Help
    08-31-2015 11:10 PM
    Hi,
    Greetings. I have gone through all the discussion in this forum. I have the same problem but in a different way. Now my battery is 0%, When i put it on charge it starts charging, after some time a screen comes where a question mark inside a battery comes up (means unable to identify charger). if i removes and reconnects the charger it again charges from 0%. and after sometimes it automatically boots where i see in the main screen it shows connect your charger after a successful boot where in i have already connected. I tried your steps but after doing it shows me the same in a symbolic way to connect charger. Please help me out of this.
    Thanks and Believe.
    10-10-2015 09:38 PM
    Hi,
    Greetings. I have gone through all the discussion in this forum. I have the same problem but in a different way. Now my battery is 0%, When i put it on charge it starts charging, after some time a screen comes where a question mark inside a battery comes up (means unable to identify charger). if i removes and reconnects the charger it again charges from 0%. and after sometimes it automatically boots where i see in the main screen it shows connect your charger after a successful boot where in i have already connected. I tried your steps but after doing it shows me the same in a symbolic way to connect charger. Please help me out of this.
    Thanks and Believe.
    I'm having the same experience. Did you ever find a solution????
    10-16-2015 08:50 AM
    I don't know if this works with newer Motorola phones. I remember this cable from way back. Maybe it might help in this situation.

Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 Factory Cable for Fastboot mode Unroot Unbrick Rooted - usbstyle

Use with CAUTION... Again, I don't know if this is the answer. I'm no expert.
    10-16-2015 11:26 AM
    I found a video of someone using it with a Moto X.

10-16-2015 11:28 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks and Believe.
    See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...after-0-a.html
    11-04-2015 04:25 PM
61 123