Moto X Battery Life Expectations

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again I do appreciate your help. I will be trial testing and going from there to see if my phone has any more battery life and we will go from there with screenshots and visualizations. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how tomorrow's battery use goes. Post similar screenshots and we can probably adjust more from there.
ok so as promised, i took 2 screen shots of what my screen looked like today. In general, my battery was pretty decent throughout the day, I just feel like somehow i could get more battery out of it, at least a little bit more battery power. Screenshot_2014-03-02-21-43-41.pngScreenshot_2014-03-02-21-43-37.png

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That does not look normal. Is your calendar app always draining that much power?

I mean it shouldn't be..the only thing that I have on one of my home screens is just the stock Android calendar widget which helps me keep organized of course. ..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yup, absolutely sorry about that. here ya go. View attachment 106489

Ok. Thanks. Take a look at a couple things. 1. The solid bar for 'Awake'. Not good, as something is stuck keeping your device awake a lot, highly contributing to your battery drain.
And 2. for most of your day, you were on a steady decline, possibly due to the calendar.
Have you rebooted the device?

If so, how about removing the widget for a day and test again?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That does not look normal. Is your calendar app always draining that much power?

to be honest with you, No, no it doesn't usually it's just my display, and sometimes my Android OS. That's about it. If it's helpful for everyone on here, I'll trial run my battery again tomorrow, then post more screen shots of the results again. However, my calendar app usually does not take that much battery power...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that looks like at least one wake-lock. It's fairly normal to have the device awake more than when the screen is on, especially since it's retrieving notifications etc to push to active notifications, but all phones do something in the background... but this one never slept.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think OP needs to reboot one time. What I have been seeing around the forums is that Android OS has had higher battery usage since the 4.4.2. update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss