Moto X: Go to dialer screen?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a Verizon Moto X with the 4.4.2 update installed. Whenever I press the phone icon to make a call, the dialer screen does not come up. Instead, it shows a contact screen, and I have to touch the keypad symbol to switch to the dialer. Is there any setting to make it go directly to the dialer screen? I am using Nova launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Go to dialer screen?

On my Nexus 5, there is no way to change that default with the stock dialer, so my guess is it's the same with the X.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I am using the stock launcher, just tried it and it looks like if you leave the dialer up when you exit out of the phone it will come up when you press the phone the next time. Otherwise how bad is it to touch the screen one more time to bring it up?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yup I dont think there is a way to change it with the stock dialer.
Looks like to me if you want it to have the stock dialer screen come up,you would need to do what tmann202 suggested. :)

There may be other options in the playstore also , if it really bugs you. ;)

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I am using the stock launcher, just tried it and it looks like if you leave the dialer up when you exit out of the phone it will come up when you press the phone the next time. Otherwise how bad is it to touch the screen one more time to bring it up?

This is what I have resorted to doing also....

shouse3

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I use the Direct dial widget you set it up and just touch the picture and it dials. I use these for my most called people

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I use the Direct dial widget you set it up and just touch the picture and it dials. I use these for my most called people

This is a good method. I created a folder full of my favorite contacts as Direct Dial widgets on my main homescreen, which essentially acts like the multiple Favorite Contacts widget that comes with various manufacturer Android skins.

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

I use the Direct Dialer Widget as well and have my 8 most frequently called contacts listed...set up to dial their cell # as soon as I tap on the contact. I find this to be a fair substitute for speed dial.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you install Gravity Box? It is a setting on their to whether it shows contacts (default) or dialer pad.

Posted via Android Central App from My VZW Moto X Dev Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463