What is a good notepad app?

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I second Google Keep. It's like a sticky note. There's a nice extension for the Google Chrome browser. Google Tasks is also good. There may be a way to sync this to Google Calendar, but I'm not sure. it can setup alerts. There are several extensions for the Chrome Browser.

Other choices are Evernote and One Note (good for shopping lists)

oliviajohn30

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Simple notepad is a good one that gives you a quick and easy note taking experience. It's not only simple and easy to use but also comes with many features: checklist, widget, reminder, password protection, search, picture attachment, share, and more!

Hope this helps!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Notes: Google Keep
To-Do: I would say Tasker, or the one from any.do but I don't use todo list.
Grocey: Out of Milk. That app is amazing!

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Out of Milk for a shopping list.

I hope you have checked the Permission and are happy with them. Last time I looked there were 9 of them, and only two directly related to ads and shopping list which I was OK with, the other 7, not so much. Pretty onerous things to agree to for the others as I see it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was using Evernote but switched to Google Keep shortly after launch. For my usage, Google Keep is perfect. It's lightweight. I can access it from the web. And I can set reminders based either on time or location.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Does the Moto X really not come with a notepad function??

I wanted to make a note last night and was surprised I couldn't find one, so downloaded one quickly (turned out to be Inkpad which I don't think I'm crazy about). Guess I'll try Keep.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does the Moto X really not come with a notepad function??

I wanted to make a note last night and was surprised I couldn't find one, so downloaded one quickly (turned out to be Inkpad which I don't think I'm crazy about). Guess I'll try Keep.

Yes. That is correct. The Moto X doesn't come with a note taking app. My Moto G didn't come with one either. My Nexus 7? Same thing.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Like many others in this thread I use Google Keep. It works great and syncs with Google Now reminders and notes.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes. That is correct. The Moto X doesn't come with a note taking app. My Moto G didn't come with one either. My Nexus 7? Same thing.

I think Google considers Keep the stock notes app. However instead of making it a system app they make it optional to download in the name of less bloat

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app