Wifi forgets previous connections

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is the Moto or the new KitKat 4.4.2, but (unlike my previous Jelly Bean Droid Bionic, my Moto-X is forgetting networks ...not consistently...sometimes I can go back and forth from my house to my daughter's and both connections engage on arrival. But other times, it will not connect and when i bring up the network dialog, it wants the password again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Lio Fralop

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is the Moto or the new KitKat 4.4.2, but (unlike my previous Jelly Bean Droid Bionic, my Moto-X is forgetting networks ...not consistently...sometimes I can go back and forth from my house to my daughter's and both connections engage on arrival. But other times, it will not connect and when i bring up the network dialog, it wants the password again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I have the same or a very similar problem. Based on what little I've found about it on the web, we might be the only people in the world seeing this issue. Today at work I noticed the "open wifi" icon, which was strange because I saved the network and my Moto X 2 usually connects to it automatically. I went to Settings -> Wifi -> Saved networks and it was totally blank. NO saved networks, but there were a couple dozen saved networks the last time I looked. I save new networks all the time.

This isn't the first time one or more of my saved networks has been forgotten by my Moto X 2, although I'm not sure if it's the device or my version of Android (Lollipop; see attached screenshot). It sure is annoying though.

Screenshot.jpg

gopickett

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue with my Moto X Pure 2014 with 4.4, 5.0 and 5.1. Woke up this morning to no saved networks.

Phone was plugged in overnight and at 95% so I suspect a remote conjecture is that it happens when the phone shuts down from a dead battery. Maybe I jostled the cable in my sleep to let it die and then reconnect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia