Moto X: Display Brightness

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had a little rogue app issue earlier today but still about normal for me. Hour 40 sotView attachment 107347

-Moto X-
How do you get your Android OS using only about 7% battery mine is always a bit higher? Do you not use a lot of widgets or folders on the home screens? Are you constantly clearing away recent apps because Android OS should be doing this automatically for apps that are misbehaving regardless...

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Display Brightness

what kind of battery life do you experience on your X? from a full charge how long does it last until it's almost dead?

Just yesterday I got 21+ hours and it was at 13% battery. That included 4 hours 3 mins of on screen time. All on 4G, no WiFi.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Display Brightness

Just yesterday I got 21+ hours and it was at 13% battery. That included 4 hours 3 mins of on screen time. All on 4G, no WiFi.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X
yeah i mean most of the time i can last throughout the day.. I'm just being very paranoid about the amount of battery my display takes up, that's all.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
How do you get your Android OS using only about 7% battery mine is always a bit higher? Do you not use a lot of widgets or folders on the home screens? Are you constantly clearing away recent apps because Android OS should be doing this automatically for apps that are misbehaving regardless...

I use action launcher and create widgets with swipes. I hardly ever swipe away recent apps, and I also cleared my Cache when updated to 4.4.2. Otherwise I use Greenify and call it a day

-Moto X-

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use action launcher and create widgets with swipes. I hardly ever swipe away recent apps, and I also cleared my Cache when updated to 4.4.2. Otherwise I use Greenify and call it a day

-Moto X-

what's greenify? lol I keep everything cleared as well. good to know but again my battery per day is pretty decent...

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&token=tgYZ8VW2
It hibernates apps. Which is ironic considering my screen shot has a rogue app, the very thing Greenify is supposed to prevent. But I had taken it off earlier because I wasn't sure how much of a difference it was making. Learned my lesson lol

-Moto X-

Gotcha yeah like i said tomorrow i am going to leave my screen on auto brightness and once again, test the battery power to see if i see any differences, negative or positive,,,lol

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness, touchless, GPS available, assist etc. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1394458360565.jpg
    1394458360565.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1394458373909.jpg
    1394458373909.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When I had mine on auto it kept changing how bright the screen was when I was inside. So if I was just sitting in my bed looking at my phone it would get dimmer then brighter constantly. It was so annoying so I took it off. I usually have it set at about 25%. I've noticed that this phone doesn't get as dim as the iPhone. At night that's a big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
When I had mine on auto it kept changing how bright the screen was when I was inside. So if I was just sitting in my bed looking at my phone it would get dimmer then brighter constantly. It was so annoying so I took it off. I usually have it set at about 25%. I've noticed that this phone doesn't get as dim as the iPhone. At night that's a big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes it would be nice if the screen could go dimmer and the volume lower. Sometimes with headphones I want to turn the volume down and it is already at it's lowest setting.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine on auto most of the time. Battery does just fine. I do think auto is a little conversative, at least outside in sunlight. I find myself manually turning brightness to max when I'm outside for a while..seems like auto doesn't like to go above 90 or so.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen a phone that handles auto-brightness without being wasteful. They're usually either too aggressive or too lazy and leaves it too high all of the time. Either way, that's wasting power. I keep mine 1 or 2 bumps up from the bottom and leave it there unless in direct light, etc.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I used auto for the first few weeks and have been using a fixed setting since. I can't say I have seen a noticeable benefit yet. I am a light user of my phone I use my tablet mostly. I enjoy only recharging my Moto X once every other day. I have about 15%-20% left when I start charging and about 2+ hours of screen on time.

This thread actually reminded me to go back to auto since I was getting sick of changing it manually without a benefit. With my Galaxy Nexus it was required to use a fixed setting it is nice not to have to worry about auto not handling the brightness correctly on my Moto X.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
check out the new app released on play store..a very nice n fast app to share any type of files with unlimited size.. i thought it might be good sharing it here...here's the link..

That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

Last edited by a moderator: