Sprint Moto X Missing Menu for enter unlock code

Hansoo Kim

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I am a newbie here. Got a burning question about my Sprint Moto X 1056.
I have a sim unlock code but when I pop my Movistar sim in, there is no menu asking for me to enter "unlock code". All I see is this "hands free activation" app. Is there a way to manually bring up this unlock code entry menu from the keypad? I've already selected GSM in the setting. Thanks.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
When I called Sprint to unlock my phone they did it remotely. They told me all I had to do was to reboot the phone and the gsm capabilities with be unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

Hansoo Kim

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
are you a sprint customer? you see, i am not. i got my phone on ebay. it's really been frustrating. i've unlocked many phone over the years this way, insert foreign sim, reboot and upon being asked, just enter unlock code...this phone, however, has a whole new layer at boot taht i am unfamiliar with. there has to be way to "activate" the code entry procedure...

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hansoo, unless I am misunderstanding something, SIM lock is in Settings->Security->Set up SIM card lock.

Once that is activated then is will lock and need the PIN to SIM-unlock, but, the SIM-unlock is only visible with a cold restart/reboot. Pushing the X to "Sleep," does not require the SIM PIN only a screen-unlock.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
are you a sprint customer? you see, i am not. i got my phone on ebay. it's really been frustrating. i've unlocked many phone over the years this way, insert foreign sim, reboot and upon being asked, just enter unlock code...this phone, however, has a whole new layer at boot taht i am unfamiliar with. there has to be way to "activate" the code entry procedure...

Yes I am a sprint customer for over 15 years.

Sprint phones are locked to be used on Sprint only unless you have Sprint unlock the phone. It needs to be on service for 90 consecutive days before they unlock it. I tried to sell my off contact iPhone for international GSM, but could not because it was not unlocked before it was deactivated and they wanted it back on for 90 days before they do it.

The only recourse you may have is it root and flash the firmware to enable the radio.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21