03-18-2014 05:37 PM
42 12
tools
    where do people get the google now launcher? i don't think it's in the play store yet for moto x
    03-13-2014 11:52 AM
    03-13-2014 11:58 AM
    though I don't have a motox (have a n3), here's another vote for nova prime, usually wind up installing it on every phone i get.
    03-14-2014 06:02 AM
    Looks like I'll now be alternating between 5 launchers. Subsequent to my earlier post which said I alternate between 4 launchers (Google Now, Nova Prime, Aviate and Atom) and after reading all of the comments on Action Launcher, I tried it out yesterday and liked it so installed it and even went with the Pro version.
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    03-14-2014 07:29 AM
    Its flaw is that you can't change the number of home screens

(I was referring to moto x stock launcher)
    Do you object to it having too few screens, or too many?

I use the stock launcher, with Folder Organizer
    Folder Organizer - Customize your Android Home
    and a few widgets, and it gives me a tidy and smooth experience. I only use 3 screens (and could fit on 2 if I wanted to) but I just ignore the other two screens. I especially like the "recent apps" button, and the sometimes-legible pictures of what the other apps in memory look like. It's not as good as the "cards" that I still miss from my Palm Pre, but it's close. (and of course, the hardware is more solid and far more powerful than the Pre, and the system runs smoothly, instead of freezing all the time. Still, there are a lot of bits of Pre interface that I still miss.)
    03-14-2014 07:50 AM
    I use the Google now launcher and sometimes Action launcher.
    03-14-2014 11:49 AM
    I like Nova the best. The stock launcher didn't give enough features

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-14-2014 12:01 PM
    Another vote for the Google Now launcher

Posted via Android Central App
    03-14-2014 01:53 PM
    I've used Nova for years. I've got it on the MX and my tablet.
    03-14-2014 01:57 PM
    Pretty much Nova and Apex. But if you want to spend a little money, Next Launcher 3D Shell is pretty wild with all the 3D effects.
    I use an app called Twisted Home Manager that makes switching between launchers easy. I have 5 different ones set up and just switch when bored.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    03-14-2014 02:19 PM
    Pretty much Nova and Apex. But if you want to spend a little money, Next Launcher 3D Shell is pretty wild with all the 3D effects.
    I use an app called Twisted Home Manager that makes switching between launchers easy. I have 5 different ones set up and just switch when bored.

You know that easily switching launchers is baked into kitkat right? Right in settings, under device

-Moto X-
    03-14-2014 02:52 PM
    Sorry I hijacked this thread with my Note 2.

03-14-2014 02:59 PM
    Sorry I hijacked this thread with my Note 2.

Ah, I noticed your sig and Googled it.

-Moto X-
    03-14-2014 03:50 PM
    I use the free edition of Nova. Just for the free version, its nice. I enjoy the customization that I do get and have been actually thinking about picking up the prime version.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    03-14-2014 03:53 PM
    I use Nova prime. I held off for a long time on buying prime hoping it would go on sale... But it never did. I really like some of the gestures in prime like swiping down from any height on the phone brings down the notification shade instead on having to slide down from the top. I use action launcher on my tablet. I dont think I'd like it on a phone tho.

Posted via my Moto X DE
    I use ADW Launcher EX because you can set multiple gestures and button bindings. The way I have it set is a swipe-down from any height to open the notification drop-down, swipe up from any height to open Quick Settings within the notification drop-down. The Home button opens AppDrawer, which I'm using instead of the default app grid/drawer. Basically, I have my X set up with a single home screen and one-handed use. With the help of the Calendar Status and Notification Weather apps, I often just "navigate" using notifications and info in the notification drop-down menu.
    03-17-2014 01:10 PM
    Dodol launcher is great. I'd replace Nova with it but it doesn't play nice with some widgets.

It has some nice power widgets built in that would allow me to get rid volume control and powers widgets.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    03-18-2014 04:52 PM
    I always try them all and I always come back to Nova. It's just the best. It does everything I'd like it too, and you cab even make it look like other launchers if you so desire.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-18-2014 05:37 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD