Moto X: how do I get rid of voicemail icon

dawnliv

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
How do you get rid of voicemail icon after listening to your voicemail. I didnt realise I had to pay to listen to them either so I have had my provider switch it off.....but icon still there

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto x how do i get rid of voicemail icon

How do you get rid of voicemail icon after listening to your voicemail. I didnt realise I had to pay to listen to them either so I have had my provider switch it off.....but icon still there

Welcome to the forums.
Is it in the status bar?

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

You may of needed to listen to them all and then disable. Did you turn the phone off?

Posted via Android Central App

dawnliv

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

yes id did turn off phone and listened too only the one i had..... according to motorola website i have to press the OK button go to voicemail then press turn notifications off. What does it mean the OK button,

chefmbeland

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you have to pay to listen to them? On sprint I can use the voicemail app to listen to them at no charge but to have them transcribed I have to upgrade to premium. I was going through the same thing as you, trying to get rid of the icon...

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Bump. Can't clear a voicemail icon. Listened to and deleted message. Has anyone figured out how to do this? Found the same thing someone above mentioned where Motorola says to press "OK" first. What does that mean?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought you only had to pay for visual voice mail. Do you go to the default app called "Messaging" or do you use a carrier installed app called "Voicemail" or something else?

I use Google Voice so I can get visual voice mail for free.

Sent from my Moto X

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Call your VM old fashion way.. Then check and delete. The icon should be removed before you disconnect

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Call your VM old fashion way.. Then check and delete. The icon should be removed before you disconnect

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

What is the old fashioned way? I've been holding 1 since my first brick phone I think.

Posted via Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem once way back when with AT&T. The only way I could get rid of the icon was to listen to my voice mail and wait until the recorded voice said "To end, press star (asterisk)." It always worked to get rid of the icon.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem once way back when with AT&T. The only way I could get rid of the icon was to listen to my voice mail and wait until the recorded voice said "To end, press star (asterisk)." It always worked to get rid of the icon.

Thanks, just tried that but the star just takes it back to the main menu (on Aio). I could swear I've seen a "clear message icon" option somewhere.

Edit: Leaving a new voicemail and then deleting that worked to clear it.

I thought it might have been the AIO Visual Voicemail but listening to it there did not clear it Either. BTW I thought that app would show my messages in text form but it does not, it just shows the list of messages. May have to look for a new voicemail app.

Kyriacos Nikiforou

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem on Moto G. You can pull down the notifications menu and touch and hold the voicemail notification icon. This should bring up the "App info" option. Touch that and it will take you to a menu allowing you to "clear data" (I don't remember exactly what the option is since once I tried it the icon went away). If you touch that it will clear any data it has stored about the voicemail and the icon will go.

Good luck;)

Kyriacos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki