HELP! Accidentally deleted pictures

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
So I am on vacation and took a ton of pictures today. I accidentally took a screenshot and went and deleted it. What I didn't realize, it was a folder of all my photos from the day. So now they are all gone. Is there any way to recover them??

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Stop using your device, go to a computer and Google "android file recovery". There are a number of tools available, but have no clue as to which is best.

Android is no different than other file systems. They have not been erased... their entries in the file system have just been removed. The more you use your phone (and the more it writes to storage), the more likely these files will be overwritten because you told the system you were done with them (when you deleted them). If you had plenty of free space, and have not done much on your phone since you deleted them, you have a good chance to recover them.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This is good advice. The quick No's above were unnecessarily alarmist. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful advice! I haven't been able to get to a computer so I will try today.

You should turn on a photo backup service. You can backup as many photos as you want for free with Google+ as long as you set them to upload at a limited resolution (it's a setting and resizes them automatically). Full resolution photos count against your Google Drive quota, but I believe most Moto X's came with 50GB free Google Drive space for 2 years (mine did). Either way, buying more space on GDrive is now super cheap!

I have also used Dropbox for photo backups and it works perfectly as well. Both Dropbox and Google+ will upload pretty much instantly (depending on your settings & data connection), so even if you delete the photos from your phone, you still have access.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad