AT&T: 4.4.2 KitKat, 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the physical download file will be?

You will be able to pull it by going into your phone's settings, going to about phone, Software Updates. There will not be a download link, at some point today they will just start sending the file to any phone that pings their servers looking for an update instead of only issuing it to those that are on a whitelist.

EDIT: Anroid Police are reporting the update is now live. I don't have my X on me to check right now though.

EDIT 2: Changed "bings their servers" to "pings their servers". Since Motorola is a Google company until the Lenovo sale is final, they probably wouldn't appriciate you Binging their servers.

Last edited:

lmf1030

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell this is strange. Me and wife order are Moto x's from ATT. We both use the design your moto. Both got are phones this week. I just receive the update and my wife's phone didn't. Why is that. ????

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I ordered and received phones the same day as well. I got the update two days ago and she still hasn't either. We've had the reverse happen with our Nexus 7's so I guess it just happens that way sometimes.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell this is strange. Me and wife order are Moto x's from ATT. We both use the design your moto. Both got are phones this week. I just receive the update and my wife's phone didn't. Why is that. ????

The update rolls out over a number of days. First because they want to make sure that the update isn't blowing up every phone out there (if mass reports of problems come in, they can yank the update and replace a smaller number of phones), and second because their servers can't handle the load of every MotoX updating in a day.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wonder is we can download the update and side load it ??

Yes you can, and I did that yesterday. Here is a thread on XDA with the download that someone pulled off of their phone. The first post has the download link and the third post has the instructions on how to flash it. You do not need root or an unlocked bootloader. I flashed it sucessfully on a bone stock AT&T Moto X.

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can, and I did that yesterday. Here is a thread on XDA with the download that someone pulled off of their phone. The first post has the download link and the third post has the instructions on how to flash it. You do not need root or an unlocked bootloader. I flashed it sucessfully on a bone stock AT&T Moto X.

Not rooted at the moment, actually I don't even have the phone yet, arriving today, LOL. Looks like it can be sideloaded without root or an unlocked bootloader.

for those who are like me and haven't felt the need to root their phone or use a custom recovery, the process below worked to update an unlocked, un-rooted, stock AT&T moto x. this is probably available elswhere on the forms too.

- copy the zip into "download" on the internal storage
- boot into bootloader by holding volume down and power together
- at the bootloader screen, use volume down and scroll to "recovery", then press volume up to select it
- in recovery mode you will see "no command". hold volume up and press power to show the recovery menu
- use volume down to go to "apply update from sdcard" then press power to enter
- you should be at "choose a package to install", use the volume buttons to highlight "download/" and press power
- use the volume buttons to highlight the zip and press power

the update will start. it took about 5 minutes on my device. when it finishes, use volume keys to select "restart system" and press power. device will restart and you're done.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not rooted at the moment, actually I don't even have the phone yet, arriving today, LOL. Looks like it can be sideloaded without root or an unlocked bootloader.

You are correct. As I said, I am neither rooted nor bootloader unlocked and I flashed it.

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Moto X: Still no 4.4.2 on AT&T

I am still waiting for the update.
Anyone else in the same boat?

-Rich

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X: Still no 4.4.2 on AT&T

If anyone is tired of waiting, like I was yesterday, someone on XDA pulled the update file off of their phone and uploaded it. The first post in the thread has the download link, third post has flashing instructions.

This is the exact same file AT&T/Moto are providing
You do not need root
You do not need an unlocked bootloader

Here you go:At&t moto x 4.4.2 ota link - xda-developers

Palasek

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Did you try restarting your phone. I turned my phone off for a minute and then turned it back on and got the update on day one of availability.

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for posting that link. It worked for me and was very simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20