03-22-2014 12:52 PM
36 12
tools
    That is not the reason. Its really a bunch of fanbois or people voting blindly. Happened with the Lumia 920(?) Winning engadgets best smartphone of the year award.

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App
    The 920 was actually a really good phone at the time.
    A895 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-20-2014 11:07 AM
    really confused. which phone should i buy..
    Nexus 5 is available for $538 and Moto X for $392 .. I'm seriously confused which phone to buy.
    I'd go for the Moto X. Simply put, I'd never pay that much for a Nexus device. But, at $392, you're going to get your money's worth from the X. However, if you care about timely updates, then the Nexus is the way to go.
    Ubbaid Mushtaq likes this.
    03-20-2014 11:11 AM
    The 920 was actually a really good phone at the time.
    That is true, wireless charging, 720p screen, 32GB standard memory. It was the windows phone everyone loved but, it had some very fierce competition for best smartphone of the year and I don't think personally it should have won. But it did.

03-20-2014 11:30 AM
    This was my guess also. Not so much voting for the Z30 as voting against the Moto X. Silly fanboys.
    Exactly this. People just voting against the Moto X regardless of its opponent.

03-20-2014 11:30 AM
    Vote for your device of choice !
    GL everybody
    03-20-2014 01:01 PM
    That is not the reason. Its really a bunch of fanbois or people voting blindly. [...]
    Now, that's not friendly for your MoNa buddies !

To clear this out, as friendly as possible, I've not met a single Z30 user that is not amazed at least with battery life, signal strenght and sound quality.
    Pretty good start for a positive vote.

P.S: I don't own nor have tried a Moto X. So, I guess, by nature, my vote is flawed ... but same will probably apply to most Moto X voters
    P.S (bis) : see how I bumped this thread twice ?!?
    03-20-2014 01:13 PM
    I'd go for the Moto X. Simply put, I'd never pay that much for a Nexus device. But, at $392, you're going to get your money's worth from the X. However, if you care about timely updates, then the Nexus is the way to go.
    I'm not worried about timely updates. As far as i checked Moto X it seems to be quite good..
    But please can you tell me about its performance and all?
    camera is not an issue for me.. i just need a decent battery backup that will last me a day with good usage.. and gaming performance should me quite good.
    i'd really appreciate the help!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-20-2014 03:01 PM
    Well, the Blackberry voters are out in full force!
    03-20-2014 05:58 PM
    I'm not worried about timely updates. As far as i checked Moto X it seems to be quite good..
    But please can you tell me about its performance and all?
    camera is not an issue for me.. i just need a decent battery backup that will last me a day with good usage.. and gaming performance should me quite good.
    i'd really appreciate the help!
    I don't personally have the Moto X, so I wouldn't be a reliable source for the information that you're seeking. But, if you post a thread or search through the Moto X forums, then you should have no problem at all finding the answers you're seeking. Good luck with your decision! And, have fun learning about it!!
    Ubbaid Mushtaq likes this.
    03-20-2014 11:26 PM
    I fooled with a Z30 in the store and it seemed like a nice device but I got lost in the UI. Maybe It's great but it didn't seem that intuitive. My vote went to the X for active display and touchless control. They are the best innovations available on any phone today IMHO. Unless you dig eye scrolling and hand waving...
    03-21-2014 11:41 AM
    All your votes are belong to us.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-22-2014 12:52 PM
36 12