Moto X: Is it possible to increase screen-on time before entering PIN code?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to increase the amount of time the screen on the X stays on before you enter a PIN code? It seems to time out at 10 seconds and I'd like to slightly increase that. (Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the Sleep mode, the time that the screen stays on before it goes to sleep after you have entered your PIN and are on the screen, I'm talking about the time between activating the screen and finishing entering your pin). I looked in Settings>Display but there doesn't seem to be anything for this.

There have been occasions when I find myself making the screen come on to check something and either getting distracted by a conversation or something on TV and if I haven't finished the PIN within that 10 seconds the screen goes back to black and I have to redo the activation process. Obviously this is not a huge issue, just an inconvenience, but I'd like to be able to extend that time to 15 or 20 seconds if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is it possible to increase screen-on time before entering PIN code?

I would suggest Adderal .. :) but seriously, maybe a pattern lock would be easier than picking out the numbers. you are likely to finish the continuous swipe of the pattern as opposed to being distracted between numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki