Alarm Clock Not Working Properly

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Has Anyone had an issue with their alarm clock. Within the last couple of days it has not been going off. Its like its being closed in the background.

The alarm clock icon will not be in the status bar. When I open the clock app its back. I don't know what's causing it to close.

I watched it disappear once within 2 minutes after it reappearing after launching the clock app.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue where I snoozed it a few times, and then the next time it wouldn't snooze. Kept pushing the volume buttons and it wouldn't stop going off.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I installed Timely on all my devices when Google acquired them. I like the consistent experience on all devices & the synchronization. Never had a problem with it.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's an odd issue to have. You can check to make sure the alarm clock settings are set correctly (repeat, time, etc). Also, are there any other apps installed creating quiet time?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Has Anyone had an issue with their alarm clock. Within the last couple of days it has not been going off. Its like its being closed in the background.

The alarm clock icon will not be in the status bar. When I open the clock app its back. I don't know what's causing it to close.

I watched it disappear once within 2 minutes after it reappearing after launching the clock app.

Mine got wonky, same thing, wouldn't be in the status bar and i also couldn't shut it off cuz there was nowhere to access it, something that like. It wouldn't respond to volume buttons either. i changed to a different alarm clock and that one works fine. I use Timely. Best alarm clock ever.

jtg11

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues as well. I suspect my issue had to do with the sleep mode of Motorola Assist. My sleep mode seems to get "stuck" and will not come out of sleep mode even when the timeframe has passed. You cannot even dismiss it through the notification area. Nothing happens when you try and click "not sleeping". When in this state, the alarm did not work. I could not get this reset until I restarted the phone.

My phone has been stuck in this mode several times now. Only one time did i have the alarm set, so it may have been a coincidence, but this is my working theory.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have assist disabled. I don't use it. This morning it worked even though it wasn't shown in the status bar prior to the upcoming alert.

Ive had issue in the morning where the volume keys won't do anything and its not shown on the screen and have to open the clock app.

I uninstalled Pandora. Maybe it has something to do with the alarm mode with it. Not sure.

See if it works tomorrow.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have assist disabled. I don't use it. This morning it worked even though it wasn't shown in the status bar prior to the upcoming alert.

Ive had issue in the morning where the volume keys won't do anything and its not shown on the screen and have to open the clock app.

I uninstalled Pandora. Maybe it has something to do with the alarm mode with it. Not sure.

See if it works tomorrow.

Please update on this. I have Pandora installed but have never used it.

Also, DOES ANYONE'S MOTO REMEMBER THE ALARM VOLUME BUTTON SETTINGS?

I've noticed that the volume button setting always goes back to "do nothing" whenever I reboot. Wondering if this is a common issue. Also as noted above I've had the volume snooze work, and then stop working in the SAME alarm (after a couple of snoozes). This is not acceptable. Guess I have to install one of the third party apps which should not be necessary for such a basic feature. This definitely requires an update as soon as possible.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Worked this morning again. Hmmm.

I haven't had a issue with the volume keys used for snooze.

I wonder if an entire factory reset would help. I'm putting it off until it happens again since I really don't want to do it if its not going to work.

The alarm clock icon has been in my status bar all day today. I'm going to assume it was Pandora with its new alarm clock feature messing with it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OK. Now I know it was definitely Pandora. Does anyone have Pandora installed and not have this problem? I really want Pandora back but waking up is note important.

Norm Munday

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I installed Timely on all my devices when Google acquired them. I like the consistent experience on all devices & the synchronization. Never had a problem with it.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

I loved it, but all of the sudden i can't set the alarms! Uninstalled and reinstalled and still won't work! Grrr.

lengendac

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The alarm is working for me, just that few months ago, when I use voice command to set the alarm, google now will say, "Setting alarm at XX am/pm", so I don't need to look at the screen. One month ago, there is no voice read back, so I have to look at the screen to see that the alarm is set correctly. Few days ago, google now will read back, "Setting alarm".. but that's all, without reading back the alarm time to be set.

dleavey

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Similar problem on Xperia Z3 Compact. After setting the default shut off slider to "dismiss" the clock always turns off the alarm setting, making it necessary to go back into the app settings to turn on the alarm.

dfichtner

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had alarm problems on my Korean LG G pro 2 in the last few weeks. It caused me to almost miss work once and I definitely missed one meeting. I've seen it not work on at least four occasions and I am freaked out with the stock alarm.

I have turned off the snooze function entirely, because I set it a few times and just watches what happened, and it seems to auto snooze sometimes without ringing at all. If the snooze function is off I don't have a problem -- at least not yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1