05-22-2014 12:55 PM
34 12
tools
    Try double tapping on the photo to open it rather than a single tap... Idk why but it worked for me.
    04-06-2014 02:20 PM
    Or triple tapping
    04-06-2014 02:23 PM
    Has anyone found anything that works? I tried adjusting my brightness but it didn't work. :-(

***** So I kept doing research and I found something that worked!!!!!!! :-D
    I went to:
    -Settings
    -Apps
    -Google+
    -Clear Defaults
    Then pull up a picture and choose to view with Gallery instead of Google. And choose "Always"
    04-25-2014 01:21 PM
    This doesn't really fix the problem of the photo being dark in G+ photos, it just takes G+ photos out of the equation.

Has anyone found anything that works? I tried adjusting my brightness but it didn't work. :-(

***** So I kept doing research and I found something that worked!!!!!!! :-D
    I went to:
    -Settings
    -Apps
    -Google+
    -Clear Defaults
    Then pull up a picture and choose to view with Gallery instead of Google. And choose "Always"
    04-25-2014 02:07 PM
    Has anyone tried the experiment I proposed above?
    Tried it, didn't fix the problem.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    04-25-2014 02:54 PM
    i noticed this too on mine. when i turned off auto back, it quit doing it. once the photo was backed up (while auto back up was turned on) it quit doing it.
    I tried this too, didn't fix the problem.
    04-25-2014 02:56 PM
    It appears that this is a feature of the Google Photos app, and is used as an indication that the photo is not backed up.
    If you have a G+ account and are backing up your phones photos to it, pictures will appear dimmed (after a second or so) and then brighten again once it's been uploaded.

I don't understand why this feature has been implemented in such a way, after all, I'm mostly out when taking snaps on my phone and don't want to use my data connection to upload. Meaning that I either have to put up with the stupid dimming, or use another application (I prefer the features of the Photos application) until I can find a wifi connection to do the transfers.

I'd much rather have an icon indicator on the screen that shows me whether a picture has been backed up.
    Hopefully there will be enough complaints to have this rectified in a later version of Android OS.
    05-05-2014 12:02 PM
    It appears that this is a feature of the Google Photos app, and is used as an indication that the photo is not backed up.
    If you have a G+ account and are backing up your phones photos to it, pictures will appear dimmed (after a second or so) and then brighten again once it's been uploaded.

I don't understand why this feature has been implemented in such a way, after all, I'm mostly out when taking snaps on my phone and don't want to use my data connection to upload. Meaning that I either have to put up with the stupid dimming, or use another application (I prefer the features of the Photos application) until I can find a wifi connection to do the transfers.

I'd much rather have an icon indicator on the screen that shows me whether a picture has been backed up.
    Hopefully there will be enough complaints to have this rectified in a later version of Android OS.
    I don't think that is what is happening here. For example, if I add a photo widget to my home screen, using an image that is already backed up to G+, and then tap the widget and open that photo in G+, it dims and stays dimmed.
    05-05-2014 12:32 PM
    Looks like this is fixed in today's G+ update.
    05-22-2014 12:55 PM
34 12