Dark photos in G+ photos app on my Moto X

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Having a weird problem in the G+ Photos app.

If I open a photo in G+ via another app, like by tapping on a photo widget, the photo displays normally for a moment, then turns considerably darker:

2014-03-21 17.16.20.png

Note that only the photo goes dark. The app's UI displays normally.

If I navigate back to the top level of G+ Photos, and then navigate back to the same photo from there, it displays normally.

If I open the G+ Photos app via the launcher, and then navigate to whatever photo, the problem doesn't happen. It only happens when invoking G+ Photos by opening a photo via another app.

Any ideas?

Edi 2014-05-22: Solved in today's G+ update.

Last edited:

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My daughter complained about this on her Moto X so I tried it, too. It seems to me it has to do with ambient light and the screen adjusting to the room brightness. As a test, set your brightness off Auto and see if it still does this. I'm not suggesting that this isn't a problem to be addressed, just figuring out what the problem is.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me but only when I scroll from the camera app to the photos. Meaning if I open the camera and swip left to view photos they will darken a moment later. If I open photo app from the launcher they do not darken. I'd love to find out if there is a fix.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
G+ is a good editor but not the best gallery if you ask me. You should try out Quickpic if you would consider an alternative.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me but only when I scroll from the camera app to the photos. Meaning if I open the camera and swip left to view photos they will darken a moment later. If I open photo app from the launcher they do not darken. I'd love to find out if there is a fix.

I have this problem as well...I found if I hold my finger on the picture it does not darken but once I remove my finger the photo is dark.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
+1 for the issue.

I never edit my pics, so how do I change my stock picture app to the Gallery instead of Photos? When I swipe left from the camera, I'd rather have Gallery come up because for some stupid reason there's no delete option in Photos.

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
same here, happens when i swipe from camera to view pics. but its very sporadic, some time right away sometimes when i zoom in, some time doesnt at all.
my screen brightness is set in manual mode at maybe 10%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos