Battery (wow)
Active display
Hangouts SMS integration

I am sure more will follow!

Posted via Android Central App

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying the new phone. You definitely picked a good one. If I could have predicted the price drop I'd have one myself. By dropped do you mean you're completely off of iOS?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android and to the forums :)
Lots of iPhone converters loving their Moto X

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I just sent my iphone 5 out to trade for an x. My question is though I am now using an old i4 as temporary device. I already turned iMessage off and am already not recieving texts from I message users (which I hear is a common problem) anyone else have this issues and what did you do to resolve it. Thanks !

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just sent my iphone 5 out to trade for an x. My question is though I am now using an old i4 as temporary device. I already turned iMessage off and am already not recieving texts from I message users (which I hear is a common problem) anyone else have this issues and what did you do to resolve it. Thanks !

A bunch of people went through that issue. Check it out here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=337999

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I turned off imessage and even unregistered my iPhone and it still did not work. I looked at my friends iPhone's and they had me set up as an iPhone in their contacts. They changed the selection to Mobile phone and their text come through now. This made no sense because I had turned imessage off beforehand to prepare for my switch. Text came through fine. Apple does something strange here to make it hard.

Coop1701

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I did not have that iMessage issue when I switched. But it could be because I had the option turned on to use Text Messages when iMessage was unavailable.

I have to say switching from a iphone to moto x was a adjustment for me. But I loved the features on the Moto X. I did switch back to a Iphone. But there are days I miss Touchless controls and the driving mode.

Russthebus4601

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem, I shut off imessage/facetime a week before I got my X hoping it would clear by the time i got it... it did not. I tried everything, removing the device from my icloud account, removing it from itunes, changing my apple id, changing my apple id password. Most of the problem comes from group texts I am in with all iphone users, only the messages from certain users come through, while others don't. I've look at their phones and their phones still identify the group as an imessage group even though I text them outside the group using SMS and it works fine. Haven't found a fix yet, was hoping it'll eventually go away (had the X since Jan 31).

Once thing I can suggest though, if you are in an annpying group message you don't want to be in and hate the annoying notifications, use Hangouts as your SMS app, archive the thread and disable notifications for that thread only (open the thread, click the three dots in the upper right, people and options, uncheck notifications) and the thread won't appear in your inbox and you won't be notified of incoming messages (although technically they still come to your phone).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm just as surprised. How does that even work?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Uses the front facing camera and shows a little window where you put your face. If it matches the picture you took when setting it up, the phone will unlock. Not very good as a picture of you will also unlock it, so you might want to set it to ask for a wink to accept the attempt. Also doesn't work in low light :-\

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Uses the front facing camera and shows a little window where you put your face. If it matches the picture you took when setting it up, the phone will unlock. Not very good as a picture of you will also unlock it, so you might want to set it to ask for a wink to accept the attempt. Also doesn't work in low light :-\

Is this a new thing? How do you find it?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Tried face unlock and yes didn't like seeing a horrible image of myself plus took a few seconds. Switched to pin for a bit and now on pattern and not looking back. Fast and almost fun to use.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2