Is typing possible in messaging app through 'speech to text' without internet, on Moto X?

minddocravi

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. My brother has a Nexus 5. He can type in the messaging app by voice without using keypad. This feature is available even without internet connectivity on Nexus 5. Can anyone who owns Moto X, please tell if it has this voice typing feature without internet? Your help will be much appreciated.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes you could do that try install the swiftkeyboard app available in the play store that should do the trick, I can say it is one of the most accurate to.

Karl Whitley1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Go into keyboard settings and enable speech input and then go into speech input settings and select the language you would like to download offline

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
This feature is available even without internet connectivity on Nexus 5.

Ummm, how does he know that it is not accessing the Internet? It is highly unlikely that it is not validating the text and gathering the correct spelling on the phone. As far as I am aware, all S2T in mobiles is validated OTA. Unless your brother has turned off the cell-radio, (free app) not just the Internet, but the radio, it is still checking home first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey