Question for those of you that use Hangouts for your SMS and also use the Motorola Connect Chrome extension - when you read a text message on your desktop, does that clear the notification on your phone? When I use the stock messaging app for SMS and read a new text on my desktop the notification is instantly cleared on my phone, but if I use Hangouts for SMS and read a new text on my desktop, the notification on my phone remains. Just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be or if my situation is unique.
    03-26-2014 09:47 AM
    I use EvolveSMS and it's the same for me. When I read a message in Chrome, the notification stays active on my phone. I would guess that it only clears with the stock messaging app.
    thunderup likes this.
    03-26-2014 04:17 PM
    I just tried it both ways and can confirm that when using Hangouts the message does not show as read if it was read using Connect. I didn't realize until this thread that it did show as read when using SMS. Now I'm thinking of going back to SMS instead of Hangouts.
    thunderup likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys. That's what I suspected so I guess I'll stick with the stock messaging app since having unread notifications is one of my biggest pet peeves...
    03-26-2014 05:34 PM
    Maybe Moto will update Connect? Hopefully they do. Everything else "seems" to work fine with Hangouts. I may just stick with Hangouts since I do the majority of my texting on the phone itself.
    03-26-2014 05:41 PM
  6. DaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerps's Avatar
    Would be nice in Connect supported MMS too. Really like that feature, being able to reply to texts from my PC browser.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-17-2014 12:11 AM