07-05-2014 06:58 AM
82 1234
tools
    Moto X +1 is next

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2014 09:07 PM
    I believe the Moto X has a hex on me, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So here I am back on it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Hi, I too switched from iPhone 5 to the X, and also have an ipad and macbook. I've found that by using Google services more on the ipad instead of Apple services work really well for integration. I use either google docs or kingsoft on the ipad and store them in drive.

Sync calendar, notes and contacts though Gmail account. All works a treat.

All reminders are now set through Google now and Google search for ios works great in the ipad.

What else do you need to integrate?

I also try to stick to apps that have their own cross platform cloud support like invoice to go and gas checker.

CDG likes this.
    05-25-2014 09:41 AM
    Thanks, I sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook, so that's taken care of.

What I typically sync are Reminders, Notes, Accounts 2(a checkbook program). Pages and Numbers.

I need Reminders for recurring tasks, how do you use Google Now for that?

Appreciate any and all help.
    Thanks.

05-25-2014 06:33 PM
    Thanks, I sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook, so that's taken care of.

What I typically sync are Reminders, Notes, Accounts 2(a checkbook program). Pages and Numbers.

I need Reminders for recurring tasks, how do you use Google Now for that?

Appreciate any and all help.
    Thanks.

Google for recurring tasks is as easy as iOS. Totally intuitive, just tell it or do it by hand.

05-25-2014 08:00 PM
    I believe the Moto X has a hex on me, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So here I am back on it.

So did you stick with the moto x this time? Had the ios 8 update given you the itch to switch back?

06-08-2014 09:01 AM
    So did you stick with the moto x this time? Had the ios 8 update given you the itch to switch back?

That's a "yes and no answer". Lol

I am too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to move away completely from iOS so I am using the iPhone 5 for phone calls, iMessage etc.

Simultaneously I am using the X for everything else with WiFi.

I am not too sure about iOS 8, I guess I will wait and see and also what iPhone 6 is.

PS: I just asked you a question on the " other" forum.

Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:17 AM
    That's a "yes and no answer". Lol

I am too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to move away completely from iOS so I am using the iPhone 5 for phone calls, iMessage etc.

Simultaneously I am using the X for everything else with WiFi.

I am not too sure about iOS 8, I guess I will wait and see and also what iPhone 6 is.

PS: I just asked you a question on the " other" forum.

Lol, just said the same to you on 'the other forum' ironically with my sim in my iPhone whilst writing this on the X connected to Wifi

CDG likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:22 AM
    Lol, just said the same to you on 'the other forum' ironically with my sim in my iPhone whilst writing this on the X connected to Wifi

Great minds, what can I say. Lol

Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:45 AM
    Still rocking the X? Thinking of sending mine back while I still can and waiting for moto maker to hit the UK

06-16-2014 04:24 PM
    Still rocking the X? Thinking of sending mine back while I still can and waiting for moto maker to hit the UK

Yep still rocking the X, no intention of parting with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-2014 11:36 PM
    Hear the moto maker will be hitting the UK soon, hoping that'll allow for a 32gb version. Do you find your gets quite hot after a use?

06-17-2014 06:52 AM
    Hear the moto maker will be hitting the UK soon, hoping that'll allow for a 32gb version. Do you find your gets quite hot after a use?

That's the one thing I do regret not getting the 32 gb version. I didn't want to wait for it.

Mine doesn't get unusually hot after some use, at least not enough to worry about but the iPhone does run cooler.

Good luck with your decision, it's a tough one.

06-17-2014 08:49 AM
    I just checked eBay and there are 3 of them listed in fair condition for under $200. So with mine being in pristine condition I will at most get $200. For that price it makes no sense to sell it, it is after all an excellent device and even if I don't use as my primary phone it will be the right one to keep.

Of course if you can just return it, things are different for you.

06-17-2014 11:07 AM
    Not sure how it converts but I paid £289 for mine and can get a full refund if I return before friday

06-17-2014 01:50 PM
    That's about $391, pretty close to what I paid - $400. I can only recoup 50% after two months.

06-17-2014 02:54 PM
    My Moto X order just went through on MotoMaker, so now I wait.

I'm currently using an iPhone 5S with iOS 8 installed. Works pretty well, and I'm going to really miss iMessage, but honestly, I'm really excited for the X to get here. As entrenched as I am with Apple, you can't beat Active Notifications...
    Paul Ellis1 and CDG like this.
    06-18-2014 05:16 AM
    My Moto X order just went through on MotoMaker, so now I wait.

I'm currently using an iPhone 5S with iOS 8 installed. Works pretty well, and I'm going to really miss iMessage, but honestly, I'm really excited for the X to get here. As entrenched as I am with Apple, you can't beat Active Notifications...
    So even with the current ios 8 beta installed you're still switching? That goes to show that maybe it's not worth waiting out for

06-18-2014 10:23 AM
    Well, I have always loved Apple, but I rely so heavily on Google services. I have an iPad and a Macbook, but I prefer having an Android phone. It's weird, but it's my preference.

iOS 8 isn't anything too special. It's iOS 7 with a few really nifty features, but honestly Hangouts is going in a similar direction to iMessage. I just wish more people used it...also Apple Maps is pure, unadulterated garbage.
    06-18-2014 02:09 PM
    Well, I have always loved Apple, but I rely so heavily on Google services. I have an iPad and a Macbook, but I prefer having an Android phone. It's weird, but it's my preference.

iOS 8 isn't anything too special. It's iOS 7 with a few really nifty features, but honestly Hangouts is going in a similar direction to iMessage. I just wish more people used it...also Apple Maps is pure, unadulterated garbage.
    Interesting I have an ipad and a MacBook and the iPhone came much later. I had used both Android and WP previously. I am holding on to my X, I know I will want to switch eventually.

I only use Google Maps, always have. I like Hangouts and use it from my iDevices as well.

I will have to see what features iOS 8 finally brings and how important they are to me.

06-18-2014 02:22 PM
    I will have to see what features iOS 8 finally brings and how important they are to me.

That's the thing, on a whole, it's adding a lot of features you've already got on Android. The problem will be that now you're used to these features 'Android style' you'll probably get frustrated with iOS's take on it.

Woulda probably been the other way round if you'd first tried these features on ios then swapped.

The only real benefit to those of us with mac's and ipad's is the handoff thing where you can answer calls and texts but to be honest, that's not very relevant to me. I like integration, but this is over integrated

06-18-2014 02:58 PM
    The only real benefit to those of us with mac's and ipad's is the handoff thing where you can answer calls and texts but to be honest, that's not very relevant to me. I like integration, but this is over integrated

True I haven't quite figured out when I would answer calls from my Mac, I have my phone with me all the time, grafted to my hand as hubby puts it.

What did you decide on the Moto X?

anaphora68 likes this.
    06-18-2014 04:51 PM

I still haven't 😵

I'm so indecisive when it comes to phones (still got the note 2 which I originally bought to try android)

06-18-2014 05:45 PM
    Well, handoff is neat. But, I use Google Voice, so if I'm on my computer and someone calls, I can already answer it through my computer if I so choose. It's the only reason I haven't given up on Google Voice.

That said, there's still a ton I love about iOS. But, I just prefer Google services and the way Android handles notifications. The new notification center on iOS isn't anything special, and with Google Fit competing directly with Health Book, it just boils down to whether you are more invested in Apple or Google services, and which you can do without.

That's the thing, on a whole, it's adding a lot of features you've already got on Android. The problem will be that now you're used to these features 'Android style' you'll probably get frustrated with iOS's take on it.

Woulda probably been the other way round if you'd first tried these features on ios then swapped.

06-19-2014 07:02 AM
    I decided on the X because of Active Notifications. My wife has a Droid Maxx (Verizon), and I'm on TMobile back in the United States. I really, really like Active Notifications, and can live without a 1080p screen on a phone.

The screen resolution and the speed of the phone is good enough for me. The only game I play with any fervor on my phone is Candy Crush. I use my Macbook or iPad for anything that requires any serious oomph.

True I haven't quite figured out when I would answer calls from my Mac, I have my phone with me all the time, grafted to my hand as hubby puts it.

06-19-2014 07:04 AM
    I'm pretty much on the fence right now between iOS or Android, more specifically the iPhone 6 or the Moto X+1. I'm leaning more towards the iPhone though. I've used a Moto X for 4-5 months, but am currently on an iPhone 5C.

There are loads i love about the Moto X, I even made a video about it.

There were basically only 2 main trigger that made me decide to switch,

1. When i bought the Moto X, I had to get it imported into my country because it wasn't officially sold in my country, so the T-Mobile version that I ordered did not support LTE in my country. Recently 3G/HSPA+ has been extremely unstable for my carrier, dropping signal frequently (same for my Moto G as well). I tested the LTE signal on my Nexus 5, Lumia 625, HTC One M7, and iPhone 5, and they all worked great. (Not the Moto X's fault really but it was a trigger for me to want a change)

2. My Moto X suffered screen burn in (navigation buttons and status bar) after just 3 months+, and it's going to be a PITA to claim warranty since I don't live in the States. The main reason it got burn in was probably because I am a pretty active Ingress player, and that requires a lot of on time for the screen at full brightness, especially in bright day light. While minor and not really noticeable unless I am watching videos or rebooting the phone, it still annoyed me slightly.

So actually, I really like the Moto X. The switch to iPhone was purely coincidental, it might as well been other Android phones but there isn't any that interest me now. I just wanted a change, and was pretty interested in what iOS 8 will bring. And I actually am pretty content using my iPhone 5C now despite being dependant of a few google's services still. I'm leaning towards iOS 8 as it will bring features that I think will improve my workflow. While Moto X's customisation is great, using a pink iPhone 5C is pretty unique too. lol.

So now, I'm just waiting to see what I/O will bring, and then to see what Motorola can do with the X+1, which is pretty much the only Android device I am looking forward to.
    CDG and Paul Ellis1 like this.
    06-19-2014 06:46 PM
82 1234