Back to Android with the Moto X

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been away from Android for a couple of years.

Went to Lumia 900, 820, and then iPhone 5.

My last Android was the Vivid, looking forward to be part of this community again. :)

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Cant go wrong with a Moto X or Nexus 5....or wait just a bit longer for their new versions from this year.

Posted via Android Central App

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I have both the Moto X and N5. The Moto X feels more natural in my hands. The bigger screen on the N5 won me over because my Moto X is the 16GB version because I needed a phone in a pinch.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome,

I have had the Moto X for 7 months,agreed it's a great little phone.
Perfect size for me,touchless controls,actve notifications, and the phone just runs so smooth ,no lag.
I have the 16gb version as well, it was the only model available at the time.
So far I have plenty of space still,, so no real reason to replace it. :)

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all.

Mine is the 16 gb as well and plenty of space left. I am coming from a 32 gb iPhone5 so was a tad worried about running out of space initially.

I have had it for 2 whole days and really liking it so far, the size is just perfect for me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Palasek

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The moto x was the first phone that could steer me away from the iPhone. I tried the iPhone 5S and note 3 after using moto x for a month and couldn't do it. Can't do without touchless controls, active notifications, trusted devices feature, NFC, and pure Google services. I'll stay with the moto x as long as they keep making them.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The moto x was the first phone that could steer me away from the iPhone. I tried the iPhone 5S and note 3 after using moto x for a month and couldn't do it. Can't do without touchless controls, active notifications, trusted devices feature, NFC, and pure Google services. I'll stay with the moto x as long as they keep making them.

Thanks, glad to know that you came from the iPhone 5 as well.
I am addicted to the Active Notifications for sure. Lol

I am loving the X and just received a Bear Motion blue case for it.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The Active Notifications on this phone can't be beat. Nothing against Apple, but if you like Android, then this phone is the one to get. I don't think I can ever get used to a phone without Active Notifications or touchless controls after having them. I ordered my Moto X the first day Moto Maker went live, and it still feels like a new phone to me.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like it. Been a Moto X user for 4 months now and I love it, best jack of all trades for android right now.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love my Moto X. Like you I have the 16 GB, and I am just careful what goes on the device. Something that helped for me, at least once a month, I go through and pull off all the pictures off my phone to my PC, and I stream music. That helps keep space to a minimum.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I love my Moto X. Like you I have the 16 GB, and I am just careful what goes on the device. Something that helped for me, at least once a month, I go through and pull off all the pictures off my phone to my PC, and I stream music. That helps keep space to a minimum.

Music: it's the only reason I still like SD cards

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am really liking it. The battery lasts around 20% longer than the iPhone 5.

I just realized how awkward the iPhone feels in my hand with the sharp angles after using the X.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am really liking it. The battery lasts around 20% longer than the iPhone 5.

I just realized how awkward the iPhone feels in my hand with the sharp angles after using the X.

The sharp edges of the iPhone are one reason I don't agree with people who say the iPhone has one of the best designs around. While its a nice phone to look at, its edges dig at your skin.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The rest of the story - not a happy ending :(

I believe I have boxed myself in to iDevices. The MBP is okay but the ipad and iPhone work as one basically and I use them alternately as convenient, except to make phone calls of course.

With the Moto X I had to find third party cross OS apps, some of them worked as well as the native apps but others didn't or needed too much fiddling to set it to sync properly. Interestingly for almost all the apps the Android version worked better than the iOS version. I am not a third party app person and specially don't like to use apps where there is a built-in native app,

This coupled with the fact that my husband didn't care for the iPhone and really wanted his Nokia back, I gave up and went back to my iPhone 5.

I have no intention of parting with my X, it really and truly is a great phone and the perfect size. I will wait until the successor to the X and iPhone 6 come out and then make the decision which way to go and how much time and effort I want to put into finding the right cross OS apps.

I miss the X, specially the Active Display, I keep turning my iPhone over and expect it to show me some information. I also miss the ease of sharing between apps, the ease of drag & drop, the battery life. Facebook Messenger has an annoying pop up on iOS which was absent on the X and I really liked that. Then thee are the widgets of course.

So I guess if I didn't have an iPad I wouldn't have gone back to the iPhone. I can't think of any one thing that I normally do that works better on the iPhone than on the X.

Oh well, at least I now have a great backup Smartphone.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The rest of the story - not a happy ending :(

I believe I have boxed myself in to iDevices. The MBP is okay but the ipad and iPhone work as one basically and I use them alternately as convenient, except to make phone calls of course.

With the Moto X I had to find third party cross OS apps, some of them worked as well as the native apps but others didn't or needed too much fiddling to set it to sync properly. Interestingly for almost all the apps the Android version worked better than the iOS version. I am not a third party app person and specially don't like to use apps where there is a built-in native app,

This coupled with the fact that my husband didn't care for the iPhone and really wanted his Nokia back, I gave up and went back to my iPhone 5.

I have no intention of parting with my X, it really and truly is a great phone and the perfect size. I will wait until the successor to the X and iPhone 6 come out and then make the decision which way to go and how much time and effort I want to put into finding the right cross OS apps.

I miss the X, specially the Active Display, I keep turning my iPhone over and expect it to show me some information. I also miss the ease of sharing between apps, the ease of drag & drop, the battery life. Facebook Messenger has an annoying pop up on iOS which was absent on the X and I really liked that. Then thee are the widgets of course.

So I guess if I didn't have an iPad I wouldn't have gone back to the iPhone. I can't think of any one thing that I normally do that works better on the iPhone than on the X.

Oh well, at least I now have a great backup Smartphone.

Why not make the switch to a nexus tablet and can it a day! I understand though my wife has an i5 and the only thing I miss is imessage works great for photos and videos

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Why not make the switch to a nexus tablet and can it a day! I understand though my wife has an i5 and the only thing I miss is imessage works great for photos and videos

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

I did get the Nexus 7 before the Moto X,, in fact the smoothness speed and ease of use is what made me decide on the Moto, sorry not an LG person.

The ipad is the bad guy there also, I couldn't fit the Nex 7 in with iPad and basically didn't know what to use it for, so I returned it.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe the Moto X has a hex on me, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So here I am back on it. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital