Back to Android with the Moto X

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought my moto x back in December and I've used it on and off since then. Truth be told, it was the first android phone that could keep me from returning to the iPhone.

It has a great screen size, it's easy to operate one handed, camera is pretty good if you look at its image on a 1080p screen.

I'm looking forward to the next iteration of the x series. Does anyone know when the expected release date is ?

Posted via Android Central App

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I had samsung infuse, S3 then Lg g pro.. Then decided to get a smaller phone bc og pro was kinda too big for me.. I had to picked between nexus 5 and moto x.. And I picked moto and I never regret it!! The simplicity, the fluidness, functionality, and the feeling in the hand or the grip is what I really like in this phone...

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe the Moto X has a hex on me, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So here I am back on it. :D

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Hi, I too switched from iPhone 5 to the X, and also have an ipad and macbook. I've found that by using Google services more on the ipad instead of Apple services work really well for integration. I use either google docs or kingsoft on the ipad and store them in drive.

Sync calendar, notes and contacts though Gmail account. All works a treat.

All reminders are now set through Google now and Google search for ios works great in the ipad.

What else do you need to integrate?

I also try to stick to apps that have their own cross platform cloud support like invoice to go and gas checker.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook, so that's taken care of.

What I typically sync are Reminders, Notes, Accounts 2(a checkbook program). Pages and Numbers.

I need Reminders for recurring tasks, how do you use Google Now for that?

Appreciate any and all help.
Thanks. :)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook, so that's taken care of.

What I typically sync are Reminders, Notes, Accounts 2(a checkbook program). Pages and Numbers.

I need Reminders for recurring tasks, how do you use Google Now for that?

Appreciate any and all help.
Thanks. :)

Google for recurring tasks is as easy as iOS. Totally intuitive, just tell it or do it by hand.

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe the Moto X has a hex on me, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So here I am back on it. :D

So did you stick with the moto x this time? Had the ios 8 update given you the itch to switch back?

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So did you stick with the moto x this time? Had the ios 8 update given you the itch to switch back?

That's a "yes and no answer". Lol

I am too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to move away completely from iOS so I am using the iPhone 5 for phone calls, iMessage etc.

Simultaneously I am using the X for everything else with WiFi.

I am not too sure about iOS 8, I guess I will wait and see and also what iPhone 6 is.

PS: I just asked you a question on the " other" forum. :D

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
That's a "yes and no answer". Lol

I am too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to move away completely from iOS so I am using the iPhone 5 for phone calls, iMessage etc.

Simultaneously I am using the X for everything else with WiFi.

I am not too sure about iOS 8, I guess I will wait and see and also what iPhone 6 is.

PS: I just asked you a question on the " other" forum. :D

Lol, just said the same to you on 'the other forum' ironically with my sim in my iPhone whilst writing this on the X connected to Wifi

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Still rocking the X? Thinking of sending mine back while I still can and waiting for moto maker to hit the UK

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hear the moto maker will be hitting the UK soon, hoping that'll allow for a 32gb version. Do you find your gets quite hot after a use?

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hear the moto maker will be hitting the UK soon, hoping that'll allow for a 32gb version. Do you find your gets quite hot after a use?

That's the one thing I do regret not getting the 32 gb version. I didn't want to wait for it.

Mine doesn't get unusually hot after some use, at least not enough to worry about but the iPhone does run cooler.

Good luck with your decision, it's a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I just checked eBay and there are 3 of them listed in fair condition for under $200. So with mine being in pristine condition I will at most get $200. For that price it makes no sense to sell it, it is after all an excellent device and even if I don't use as my primary phone it will be the right one to keep.

Of course if you can just return it, things are different for you. :)

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how it converts but I paid £289 for mine and can get a full refund if I return before friday

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That's about $391, pretty close to what I paid - $400. I can only recoup 50% after two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk