any call blocker that works with 4.4.2?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't actually tried any. What I have always done is to set up a contact in the People app named "unwanted calls", and set it to go directly to voicemail. Then I just assign numbers to that contact.

castigs

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't actually tried any. What I have always done is to set up a contact in the People app named "unwanted calls", and set it to go directly to voicemail. Then I just assign numbers to that contact.

Thanks for that idea. I didn't realize you could do that and it works great. Is there anyway to add unkown or resticted numbers to the direct to vmail list?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that idea. I didn't realize you could do that and it works great. Is there anyway to add unkown or resticted numbers to the direct to vmail list?
If there is, I don't know how. Since I use my phone for work, I only want to ignore known numbers (an unknown number might be a client).

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been using NQ Call Blocker. Works great. Also blocks SMS. I use the free version. No way am I paying a subscription model for an app like this.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
No way am I paying a subscription model for an app like this.

:D Don't be too smug EN. Did you check the Permissions? Here's a small portion that would worry me.

access extra location provider commands
uninstall shortcuts
modify system settings
write Home settings and shortcuts
change/intercept network settings and traffic

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Call blocker works for me on 4.4.2. As a matter of fact it blocked a call today. Stock - non rooted Dev edition on Verizon.
Maybe check the settings in the app.

pegb856

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've used Extreme Call Blocker for a few years now, I don't recall any major issues with 4.4.2. My only issue is that the calls will ring through when I have my Pantronics M20 headset on. It has settings for call ID blocked callers, unknown (not in your phonebook) callers, blacklists, whitelists, messages, etc. It's a great app. Very customizable.

DBZ QUAKE

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Call and sms blocking apps by DevMain are so far the best I have ever tried.
Cannot post links so the best way to find them is to type in DevMain in the search field on the Play Store.

App names are: Call Block and SMS Block - both are free and do not require much of unrelated permissions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463