Moto Skip

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am really enjoying my new moto x. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and I can tell this phone is better than the SGS4 in every way.

I ordered my phone one day before the free moto skip deal. I was thinking about getting one from amazon prime, but I was wondering is anyone who has it can give me an opinion on how well it works. Do all of them come with the dots? I would want to put one on Wed my tool box at work if possible.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am really enjoying my new moto x. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and I can tell this phone is better than the SGS4 in every way.

I ordered my phone one day before the free moto skip deal. I was thinking about getting one from amazon prime, but I was wondering is anyone who has it can give me an opinion on how well it works. Do all of them come with the dots? I would want to put one on Wed my tool box at work if possible.

Skip comes with three Skip Dots.

Difference between the Skip and Dots? With the Skip, the screen can be off. With the dots, the screen should be on before unlocking. They've worked well for me.

anderfrank

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I got a Skip with my Moto X when accessories were 30% off and it works as advertised. Having it come with the 3 extra NFC stickers (Skip dots) is a nice bonus.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When and where do you actually use these? They have always intrigued me but I don't see much use for them for myself. Part of me still wants it though.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

They work great, but you can't put a Skip dot on anything metal. If you do, it won't work. I wanted to put one on the palm rest of my laptop, but it didn't work because it's metal. Other than that, they work great.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
They work great, but you can't put a Skip dot on anything metal. If you do, it won't work. I wanted to put one on the palm rest of my laptop, but it didn't work because it's metal. Other than that, they work great.

Oh that's good to know! I had no idea that NFC didn't play nice with metal. On top of metal at least. I am going to go ahead and order the skip. It will be good to have a lock on my phone. I never have just because I don't like having to re enter the code or pattern all day.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When and where do you actually use these? They have always intrigued me but I don't see much use for them for myself. Part of me still wants it though.

I used the Skip attached to the belt loop on my jeans.

Skip Dots are on my work notebook and on the center console storage area in the car.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the WhizTags. You get 10 tags plus a Keychain Tag (which I like and keep in the car.)

The Moto X is compatible with the NTAG203 Tags which have 137 bytes of memory and the Topaz 512 Tags which have 512 bytes.

I got the Topaz, I really only needed the extra memory for one tag so far, but it's nice to have the space available. Turning in bluetooth is a 4 byte command but opening my CardioTrainer app and automatically starting a countdown used 79 bytes.

Both sets are 13.99 right now, so might as well get more memory!

Sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18