Importing a Moto X

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi People,

So, I've been planning to design a Moto X through Moto Maker. However, I live in the Netherlands and I will have to import the phone from the US. I will do this by using a company which you'll ship the Moto X to after ordering and they will forward it to your home.

Anyways, here's the question: I see on the Moto Maker's site that you can pick a carrier. The one I need, is obviously one without carrier, the top one from below:
Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 21.23.09.png
But it says AT&T and T-Mobile. Does this mean the phone is T-mobile & AT&T locked? I'm using Vodafone here in the Netherlands, will I have full access to 4G / LTE?

If someone can fill me on on this, that would be much appreciated. If there is any more information needed please let me know below and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks!

Cihad

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
No means that the gsm unlocked phone has the LTE bands for both at&t and T mobile networks and global HSPA radio. Best bet is to cross check what lte bands vodaphone uses agasint those found on the gsm unlocked phone.

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. While I'm trying to find the bands used by Vodafone here, could you tell me weather the version of the Moto X I mentioned would have any "american" bloatware loaded on it by either T Mobile or AT&T ?

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I found this online, I'm honestly not an expert when it comes to bands & frequenties, so I'll need some guidance here:

Frequentie 2G / 3G / 4G Telecomaanbieder
800 MHz 4G KPN / Vodafone / Tele2
900 MHz 2G / 3G KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
1800 MHz 2G / 4G KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
2100 MHz 3G KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
2600 MHz 4G KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile / Tele2 / ZUM

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Great, thanks! Now to just find out whether I have full 4G / LTE access, and even 3G because some towns I'm in daily don't support 4G LTE for Vodafone yet.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. While I'm trying to find the bands used by Vodafone here, could you tell me weather the version of the Moto X I mentioned would have any "american" bloatware loaded on it by either T Mobile or AT&T ?
I bought this model for my wife and it came with no carrier bloat at all. Even my AT&T version came with next to no carrier bloat, I was surprised.

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Update: I found some sources which mention that I can't access Vodafone's 4G network with the Moto X ordered via the Moto Maker tool. If anyone can check and prove me wrong that would be great...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The unlocked GSM version does not have any carrier bloatware on it.

ougrad1

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Update: I found some sources which mention that I can't access Vodafone's 4G network with the Moto X ordered via the Moto Maker tool. If anyone can check and prove me wrong that would be great...

Your best bet may be to contact Vodafone and ask them if the unlocked moto x will work based on the bands listed above.

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I got to the bottom of it and finally found the data. Now all I need is someone to help me interpret it. The Moto X supports the following bands:
Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 08.52.39.png

The local carrier I'm using has the following:

3G: 2100 Mhz
4G: 800mhz and 1800mhz

So, can anyone tell me whether I will have Full 3G AND LTE connection?

Thanks!

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Going by that information, you won't have LTE. I am in Ireland and I brought my GSM unlocked Dev Edition in from the States, my phone doesn't support any of the UK/Ireland LTE bands. The only solution is to buy the 32gb European version and stick to basic black or white.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I realised this after going to the Vodafone store. Now the decision is the following:

1. Buy European Moto X, boring black or white and have no LTE
2. Order from Moto Maker, have no LTE but get a wooden back, and a nice accent to fit the front black of the phone and have a unique phone...

cihadagca

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That's actually not a bad idea at all. I just... really wanted a customised Moto X through Moto maker. When I first saw your option I thought it would be bad but I'm checking the website and it seems okay... I'll look into it. Thanks.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I had one of their carbon fiber skins on my Nexus 4 which is why I thought of it. I think the $3 S&H covers international postage as well, and it's mailed in a standard envelope so customs issues from Canada seem unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy