07-06-2014 09:04 AM
67 123
tools
    I have been caseless for 2 days and really liking it. Will probably use a case at work only now.

Posted via Android Central App
    CDG likes this.
    04-13-2014 10:43 PM
    Same as you:
    I have the Reveal case but don't use it.
    My Walnut back is too pretty and feels to good.
    Figured if it gets beat up or damaged would get another.
    Or the X2 ;-)
    CDG likes this.
    04-14-2014 05:46 AM
    Got my Moto X through AT&T's "NEXT" plan, which is like basically leasing a car. Therefore, since I need to return it for a new phone or purchase it out right after 12 months, I keep it in case because I have to return the phone in good quality. Though if a better option is not available, I like this phone so much I may pay for it outright and keep it, and then I would go without a case on it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    CDG likes this.
    04-14-2014 07:56 AM
    I do not use a case on my Moto X.
    CDG likes this.
    04-14-2014 08:13 AM
    I've had mine since the beginning of the year and haven't been using a case. I'm naturally pretty careful about things, so I haven't dropped it yet.
    CDG likes this.
    04-14-2014 11:02 AM
    I got an Incipio Feather case for mine and never dropped it. I got my wife a Moto X and she dropped hers first day and scuffed it a little. Now she's got a Feather and I am pondering not using mine except for days when I'm working in the field rather than my office.
    CDG likes this.
    04-14-2014 01:12 PM
    I got an Incipio Feather case for mine and never dropped it. I got my wife a Moto X and she dropped hers first day and scuffed it a little. Now she's got a Feather and I am pondering not using mine except for days when I'm working in the field rather than my office.
    That's exactly what I am hoping to do, use the case when I am working in the field or traveling.

Well so far I am loving the caseless look and feel and being extra careful with it

04-14-2014 01:26 PM
    I'm using an otter box. I paid good money for this phone and I work in a steel mill. So caseless is not an option.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    CDG likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:29 PM
    I'm in the "sometimes" camp. I put a case on my Moto X anytime I leave the house or go outside. I work in an office at a desk so no need most of the time. With my Galaxy Nexus I never used a case, and it only took one drop onto concrete to ruin the screen (missing pieces of glass, it was a mess). So I use a SupCase brand case that is really thin, and comes in bright colors (link below). Whenever I'm out and about it just provides a bit more peace of mind.

Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Yellow/Gray, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories
    CDG likes this.
    04-15-2014 07:49 PM
    Personally i like the simple bumper style case with a dbrand skin, not the best protection however im pretty cautious with my devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-16-2014 10:23 PM
    Personally i like the simple bumper style case with a dbrand skin, not the best protection however im pretty cautious with my devices

Honestly I am the same way. I like my phones and tablets naked the way they were intended. I am very careful all the time, and I carry my phone in a vertical leather pooch.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-16-2014 10:41 PM
    Ah the old pouch, reminds of the classic blackberry days

04-16-2014 10:44 PM
    Ah the old pouch, reminds of the classic blackberry days iPad using Tapatalk
    No, he said pooch.
    I carry my phone in a vertical leather pooch.
    He must have a dog...
    04-16-2014 11:07 PM
    No, he said pooch.

He must have a dog...
    Haha I meant pouch. Love the auto correct....

I just don't like the feel of a phone in my pocket regardless of the size, and at work its even more uncomfortable because I'm a mechanic and it seems to get in the way a lot somehow in my pocket.

CDG likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:45 AM
    Hell yeah use my white and black without cases

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-17-2014 08:46 AM
    I just don't like the feel of a phone in my pocket regardless of the size
    Me TOO! I was given a Body Glove Drop Suit case for Christmas but found it made a bigger bulge in my pocket and would pop off the phone at various times. A month ago while my wife was shopping at the local mall I wandered in to the Best Buy Mobile store. I mentioned to the clerk that I was looking for a case for my Moto X that didn't come off with rough handling and he proceeded to show me this unit and even put it on my phone to demonstrate how it felt. It has a rather clunky holster with a belt clip but its robustness I feel is a plus as it seems quite durable and is also constructed so as to allow easy access to the phone. I bought it and haven't regretted it.
    CDG likes this.
    04-17-2014 10:40 AM
    Hell yeah use my white and black without cases

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    Lol, well my white is still caseless and I am loving the feel and look of it.

04-17-2014 05:36 PM
    No case, no screen protector. When I'm walking, phone is in my pocket. Have never dropped my phone.
    CDG likes this.
    04-18-2014 07:24 AM
    I bought the phone on day one. Had a case here and there. They only lasted a couple of days on the phone if that. The feel of this phone in your hand is great. I've dropped my phone about 10 or so times from waist high, on different types of surfaces and walked away with some very very minor nicks. The moto x is a durable phone, or I've been very lucky. I do have a screen protector tho.

CDG likes this.
    04-18-2014 07:59 AM
    No case. I never saw the point of buying a nice phone and then covering it up. People are also so interested about the thinness of their phones, or the size of their phones in other dimensions, but then they slap a case on it and practically double its volume. It makes no sense to me. (Just to make things interesting, I also never get the insurance from my service provider.)
    +1 Jonathan. This is exactly how I roll as well.
    04-19-2014 11:07 AM
    Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you use your X without a case. I do have a case for it but it looks so much nicer without.

Any opinions?

Sorry if this has been asked before, please point me to it if it has been.

Thanks much
    I don't use a case or screen protector. I have a Mugen power case that I never use because it is so bulky. The phone has its dings and nicks but what's the point of wood if you cover it up?

04-20-2014 04:12 AM
    I'm using no case as well but using screen protector.

04-20-2014 09:34 AM
    I'm using no case as well but using screen protector.

Yeah I never use cases on my phones, but always make sure I have a screen protector. It's much nicer to just replace the screen protector that's scratched than the glass.

04-21-2014 01:49 AM
    For what it's worth I dropped my moto x from a height of a coffee table, at home, onto the carpet, and got massive cracks in the screen, to the point where small pieces of glass were coming off and posing a risk of cutting / stabbing me.

I've had caseless smartphones for 3.5 years with no problems but this incident has convinced me to go Otterbox (or other reputable brand) 100% from now own.
    04-30-2014 12:42 PM
    I have a back skin on the way because I want the natural feel but I'm ocd about scratches. It'll make me feel less anxious. I'll be getting another phone in a couple months anyway. Just don't tell my wife..

04-30-2014 02:56 PM
67 123