07-06-2014 08:04 AM
67 123
tools
    has anyone tried both of these phones and can compare? I love the feel of the moto x. I have to buy out of contract and can't decide from these 2. I'm not much of a gamer so doesn't really matter...and don't really take pictures to print (only for web upload).

There's a used but mint moto x 32gb with ebony back for $300 and S5 full price of $599 (verizon)...

just trying to get some comments from people with real life experiences!!! Thanks in advance!!
    That's really funny you mention that. I am not normally a case guy, but I ordered the AC deal of the day a few days ago. It was a case for the Moto X. The exact same one as that, but with different branding. The holster was separate, but I bought that too. I got it in the mail today and it's OK. Like I said before I'm not a case guy normally, but this one seems to be OK. I'll use it for a little while and see how I feel about it a month from now before I decide whether or not to take it off. The thing I really don't like about it is the dimple is covered up.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-30-2014 07:40 PM
    Well I made it so long without a case without a scratch and today while running I ended up dropping it and one whole side is messed up but good thing is screen is still perfect.
    If I would of had case it would of been fine :-(
    06-26-2014 03:43 AM
    Don't do it, I cracked my digitizer on my Moto X, IN MY OWN HOUSE. I am now relegated to using my RAZR M. Beware Moto X owners! Use a case!

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    06-26-2014 06:59 PM
    Just got a case for my X.
    Going to try my DoDo Wallet.[Natural]
    This is purely for the purpose of consolidation.
    While I have traded in my Walnut for a Bamboo, would still prefer it naked.
    Prior, my wallet weighs in at about two pounds [or feels like it]...it's huge.
    So a major transformation is taking place.
    We shall see if it endures.
    06-27-2014 08:05 AM
    I loved the feel of the my new Moto X so I didn't use a case when I first got the phone. However, I dropped my Moto X about 2 months after I got it, very little damage besides a very small chip at the bottom left of the phone - it really isn't noticeable unless you really look for it. However, it was definitely enough for me to put a clear TPU case on the phone. The case barely adds bulk but does provide me a bit of peace of mind.

I would advise anyone with a new phone to get some kind of screen protector/bumper case for their phones or get a rugged phone. I do think an OuterBox is overkill - but I understand why people get them. Phones are expensive and can be a pain to replace - it is cheaper to spend $20-50 on a case then it is to spend money on insurance/new phone.
    06-27-2014 02:49 PM
    I have a case for mine, but I haven't used it in several months. And the last time I used it, I only had it on my phone for a day or two. My phone's still fine; I haven't dropped it or anything. *knock on wood*

And even if I do drop it, I've got insurance.
    06-27-2014 07:01 PM
    I try not to use the case for mine. But the fact I have a spare otterbox kicking around I put it on when I go to work seeing that I'm in the army and all a little extra protection is nice

Posted via Android Central App
    06-28-2014 02:24 PM
    I haven't purchased a case yet for my X and I'm not planning to.
    06-28-2014 04:15 PM
    I mostly put cases on my phones. Except sliders like my old Blackberry Torch.

I really hated my moto X with a case so I'm naked all the way. I even tried a few very thin and clear cases. But it was not just how the phone looked, I did not like the way it felt in my hand with a case. The feel of the curved back was lost and I really like it.

06-30-2014 08:15 AM
    I try not to use the case for mine. But the fact I have a spare otterbox kicking around I put it on when I go to work seeing that I'm in the army and all a little extra protection is nice

Thank you for your service!

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    06-30-2014 04:17 PM
    I have a clear tpu case that also covers the buttons. I also use a screen protector. I work outside everyday & am a landscaper that works mainly with hardscapes (natural stone, concrete products etc) & I am constantly cutting & grinding the material I work with with both wet & dry saws & grinders. If I didn't have a case & screen protector, my phone would be destroyed in a month or less. I go through a screen protector in 2 - 4 weeks. My tpu case is scratched & nicked too. I am on my second one in 5 months. For many of us, cases are essential. My phone still looks brand new when I take the case & screen protector off.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    CDG likes this.
    06-30-2014 04:27 PM
    Currently using a screen protector on the front and a DBrand skin on the back.
    Never actually had my Moto X in a full case, really takes away from the feel of the phone
    Using the Moto X without a case-uploadfromtaptalk1404165605976.jpg
    CDG likes this.
    06-30-2014 05:01 PM
    So I thought I would try the caseless route for an evening here at the office — just to see how nice an unprotected phone really feels. Twenty minutes later, I'm looking at the growing cracks on the screen from where it fell three feet onto padded linoleum. I feel like Joseph "The Elephant Man" Merrick, who died because he wanted to see what it felt like sleeping prone, even though he knew it could kill him.
    07-03-2014 06:08 PM
    Yep I felt the same way and was like wow if I just had used a case my phone would still be perfect.
    07-03-2014 10:27 PM
    I just use a screen protector and a black edge case. Have dropped two times luckily no damage.
    07-05-2014 09:47 PM
    No case here - I usually always have a case on my devices, but the Moto X just begs to be nakie.

I've dropped it twice - once it felt out of my pocket as I was getting out of a truck and landed face down on a gravel driveway. Thankfully, the glass screen protector did it's job. The glass on the protector cracked, but my actual screen is pristine. Just bought another glass screen protector to replace the one I broke.

I do have one little nick on the side but it's not noticeable. I am pretty clumsy, and really should put a case on it - but...meh - I love it so much au naturel.
    07-05-2014 10:38 PM
    Seeing how Motorola will give you a screen replacement for free, roll the dice! ;p. I usually use a Seidio when out and about and naked at home.

07-06-2014 08:04 AM
67 123